• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

A recent one: Eileen Davidson’s Emmy submission as Kristen when she confronted Marlena and taunted her about John. Just so unhinged. “He was ALL OVER ME! He was EVERYWHERE!”

This 1983 DAYS clip was posted here months ago and I had only read a little about it beforehand. But Renee DiMera (Philece Sampler) confronting Alex and basically all of Salem at a party before she was murdered. It’s one of the most powerful soap scenes I’ve ever seen.

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

I wouldn't call this "best," but it's probably the last scene of any impact that Bobbie and Luke ever had (and probably the last Bobbie ever had), taking place after she finds out Carly is her daughter.

• Members

I think PB is one of the few people who can put MS in check. That they didn’t immediately pair Phyllis and Jack upon Stafford’s return shows they are clueless about what value she ever had to the show. She *can* be good, just not running around town giggling and sparring with Abby.

• Members

This sequence is very over the top and overacted, but I still find it riveting to watch - Diane Ballard, after months spent methodically planning to take power from her boss Alan, while still hoping, deep down, that someday she might be able to win his love, learns the crushing truth that he actually did cheat on his beloved wife - he just chose not to do so with her. 

• Members

The confrontations between Brooke and the Forresters during the BeLief story (still the best B&B story ever) are some of my favorites. The fact that Brooke came out on top is just icing on the cake.... 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Love it.  I also like the scene where Marlena exposes Kristen after the Secret Room in front of everyone in town basically.  I would link it but it's not on any public channels I can find.  

Also this is great:

• Members

Two golden ones from 1997 on DAYS - John confronting Kristen over her lies and faking a pregnancy, and Carrie, Austin and Lucas confronting Sami for lying about her amnesia, for keeping Carrie and Austin apart, and for keeping Will's true paternity a secret. Both times, the confrontations naturally happened in front of the entire Salem populace.

Please register in order to view this content

ETA: @carolineg just mentioned them, too!! Carrie's declaration of "I WIN!" just before she decks Sami will never NOT be golden.

Edited by amybrickwallace

• Members

I'd love for someone from Sony to tell me -- to my face -- what they thought was so "outdated" about scenes like these.  Everything about the scenes -- the acting, the directing, the set, the lighting and music -- was PERFECT.  It was perfect then, and even moreso now.

That scene is one reason why I'll never believe the ridiculous retcon that Dr. Rick Webber was some sort of serial philanderer who boffed nurses in the family attic.  Even after everything that had transpired among Rick, and Lesley, and Monica, and Alan, Lesley was still concerned most about Rick's emotional well-being in that confrontation with Monica.  No way would she have cared as much about her former husband if Rick had, in fact, been some sort of louse.

• Members

+2  Came here to post this. 

I also liked the summer before in June of 1996, the episodes touted as "Sami's Secrets Revealed" when Samantha Gene got another whack across the face from Carrie. 

Edited by Gray Bunny

• Members

Outdated seems so bizarre to me. NOTHING was wrong with Y&R

And I try really hard to block out that Rick Webber bullshit.

And then, a decade plus later, Ron Carlivati wanted to have Scott slap around Lucy and Kevin's daughter from what I heard. Yikes. 

Edited by KMan101