• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

That scene with Sue Ellen and Pam is beautifully done - reminds me of how much more invested I was in the first season or two of Dallas. You don't get that contrast between the Ewing wives enough in later years. 

I guess they were still fake slaps, but Victoria Principal really makes those whacks look real.

• Members

I agree. Pam was putting Sue Ellen in her place after months of her snide remarks etc...I loved when Pam said she wasn't going to listen to her disgusting self pity about her finances. Another one of my favorite Pam/Sue Ellen scenes is when Jock has his heart attack and Sue Ellen is drunk roaming around Southfork playing lady of the manor. Pam catches her and they have it out. Sue Ellen brags she will be throwing Pam out when she takes over and Miss Ellie is at the top of the stairs listening. She quickly tells Sue Ellen no one is taking over while she is alive. 

• Members

I love how Barbara Bel Geddes imbued Miss Ellie with so much dignity and strength.  She was the true matriarch of the Ewing clan, and she did it without camping it up or turning into some overly arch, domineering figure.  It's one of the few things I really love about that whole show.

• Members

A few more Miss Ellie (and Jock) moments.

(In this scene, you can practically hear Jock thinking, "Why the hell doesn't he get it?")

(A little out of character for Miss Ellie, but I love that she finally just couldn't take it anymore.)

• Members

I loved Miss Ellie and Jock's relationship. I always remember that scene where Jock is standing out on the patio and Miss Ellie asks " What's wrong Jock ? I want to help". He asks " What time is it ?" She says "About 3". He says " it could take a while" and she says' Jock, I have the rest of my life to listen to you".....it was a touching scene. Jim Davis would pass away shortly after. 

• Members

Is this Pam vs Jenna or Katherine vs Jenna?

Love the way Sue Ellen casually says, “We were friends.  Why?” when Jenna asks if she and Pam we’re close.  You kind of get the feeling, “Not really!”

Watch Afton’s face throughout the clip.  People said Audrey Landers couldn’t act but she’s stealing the scene here with her reactions. 

• Members

I haven't finished watching yet, but I thought Audrey did a good job in her role. On the other hand, Charlene was pretty awful. I remember those first scenes, I was like this can't be for real...how did she get this role? It was just so difficult to believe anything...it was so robotic and like someone pull the cord and she was uttering her lines. I know she got the role due to her connection to Larry Hagman from what I've read. To be fair, she did improve and her scenes with Larry were actually some of her best, not sure if it was an comfort thing or he expected and brought out the best in her. 

• Members

1978-1980 Sue Ellen had no use for Pam most of the time and would rip her part every chance she got. She would make remarks like " Pam should have good taste after all those years working in department stores".....she called her a gold digger, cheap hussy, that Barnes girl etc...she also would go out of her way to humiliate Pam and exclude her from women's clubs, parties, shopping trips etc...

When Sue Ellen went to live with Dusty and fought for custody of John Ross, she and Pam began to develop a friendship. At lunch one day Sue Ellen said " Pam, I have something I have to tell you. When Bobby brought you home....I hated you"......Pam replied " Really ?, I would have never known" and they both burst out laughing. 

• Members

Deeply unfortunate that it isn't on YouTube but the climax of the Jill/Kay feud of ownership of the Chancellor mansion in 1998 included one of the best confrontations ever on daytime.

Jill to Kay:  "By the time I came into their lives - she was a monster, he couldn't stand to be in the same room as her. She was a fall down drunk and she reeked of booze and her tongue would rip your head off. I gave that man something he'd never had before. Love. And sex. Good healthy SEX with a SOBER, sweet smelling woman and it drove her SO MAD with jealously that she KILLED HIM! DID YOU KNOW THAT? Did you know that she killed Phillip by driving him off a cliff while she was drunk!!!! Come on Katherine, tell you're guests about your glorious times in this house with Phillip!"