• Members

I have a lot of issues with soaps these days but one of my biggest gripes is how anticlimactic and flat a lot of the big reveals and confrontations are - particulary for stories that some soaps spend months or even a year building (the horrid baby switch reveal on GH that was just a lot of Carly yammering on comes to mind). What a terrible, boring reveal for a story that lasted an eternity. 

I was just watching the scene below and thinking (despite the distracting music) that I can't remember the last time I really anticipated a big soap reveal or confrontation and it lived up to or exceeded my expectations or made me feel the way this scene does:

What do you think have been some of the best confrontations on soaps? And are there any recent ones you actually liked?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I love everything about these scenes. The music, the performances, the pacing. Mac's coldness toward Iris and Iris breaking apart as she realizes she can't get through to him. And Mac breaking down at the end. Just phenomenal. Carmen Duncan had not even been on the show for 6 months, I believe, and she was right in there with Doug, one of the best actors daytime ever had. 

• Members

She's so brilliant here. If this had somehow finally turned the tide in their feud they would even be more impactful.

Speaking of B&B, Jennifer Finnigan's Bridget confronting Deacon about his affair with her mother is even better than her confrontation with Brooke.

Peter Bergman gets shat on here daily but he deserves kudos just for this line delivery (timestamped below):

• Members

I always loved this scene from GL 1997 when Reva pulls the same trick on Annie that Annie had pulled on her! Classic!

Love it! I wish the clips of Olivia & Dru tearing into Nathan when he showed randomly one day were still up online some where, Dru calling Nathan “Just PITIFUL!” was epic.

• Members

Fantastic scene!

“What about love, Monica?”

I love every soapy bit of this confrontation.  The closeups, the slap, that it happened at a large gathering.  The lip gloss on Denise.  Monica’s so fiery.

One of my favorites not posted yet.

Edited by titan1978