• Members

I watched the last flashback episode with my 84 year old mother and she had no idea what was going on.  It confused her that the actors were playing different roles (she was confused that Nelle was Valentin’s daughter and that Joss wasn’t Carly’s daughter).  I wish they would use different unknown actors if they must show these fake flashbacks.  My Mom decided to forget that any of the flashbacks happened but I did have to explain to her that at the end they were implying that Nelle is Nina’s daughter.  Ugh!  I was hoping Nelle would die/leave soon.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Catching up on the show.

I haven’t seen this many recent episode flashbacks everywhere since Reilly’s first run on DAYS.  Is everyone going to start talking to themselves soon?  And the actual story dictated flashbacks are awful.  

Every time I see Sonny and Carly in their kitchen I just roll my eyes.  Carly is just not a talk in the kitchen kind of gal.  It is a nice set, that should belong to someone like Laura or Liz.

Molly doesn’t look as young as the current crop of teens, so that is good.  But it is still hard to care about all these non-contract players being given filler story.  I would love to see more of TJ.  And I don’t hate the idea of her with Brando.  But the story is worthless because it all happened out of nowhere.

Also strange- I can suspend belief and buy Laura as mayor.  But to also have Robert as the DA is one step too far.  I did enjoy Laura telling Cyrus when he is killed she will make sure there was a full investigation.

Great to see Brook Kerr, I hope they actually invest in her.  Also good to see Britt.

Lots of potential, I am watching more than fast forwarding.  The eye candy helps.  At least this crop of bland Valentini hunks are better than the last two crops.  I actually like Chase, I like the new JT, Brando is nice to look at.  And Steve Burton’s black tee shirt is probably the tightest item of clothing he has ever worn on the show.  I wish JFP had forced that on him back in the early 2000’s when he was not as annoying and was hot as hell.

Nell is a good actress and I wish they would stop trying to make a past work that’s already ill conceived.  She has reason enough to drive story right now.  She needed a real ally if she is going to stay much longer though.  One of the things I used to love about Bill Bell’s psychos (Sheila, Phyllis, David) was they had someone to talk to that knew exactly who they were.  As it stands now I would burn that story up for another six months (Custody trial, kidnapping Wiley and going on the run, etc) and then it’s time for who killed Nell to unfold.

• Members

Due to corona, I've been getting off work early so I actually took in some of this week's episodes.

Other than Monday, I didn't like this week honestly. All those flashbacks...unless there was a payoff on Friday (I haven't watched that day), it just seem pointless other than I missed a LOT of Nelle's storyline so I enjoyed those flashbacks. It made me wonder are they going to find a way to make her a real relative to Carly than the the adopted relative. Would they go there? She just seems like she had a bombshell to drop on her. Which for me....and it being Carly...GOOD. 

Now Monday...wow...I saw someone else had mentioned it, but I liked seeing all the POC I would want to see that I have not seen in a while. Oh, TJ had been kidnapped. Wow. And Curtis...yum. And It just flowed. Clearly, someone liked writing for them and should do it more. And I was shocked that Molly is old enough to get someone liek that newbie. Wow.

On another note...so is Cyrus the actor was Rook on Season 6 of BUFFY who led Willow astray in magic and Season 3 as the psycho vampire for Buffy's 18th birthday. Great actor. And I expect him to mindfrak Sonny cuz he gave good adversary on that show.

Well, as you can see above, I am finally getting there. It's just harder for me because I do mine watching by YT and after a few months, the episodes are divided by plotlines versus a full episode. It is a double edge blade sometimes. That said, I want to see all that you mentioned ESPECIALLY Tracy, BrookLynn, and Nik's return.

ETA: Also wanted to see ALL of the Wiley fallout. I made it up to Nelle's kidnapping post-catfight. 

Edited by Taoboi

• Members

What did he say? Why do all the actors I like end up being awful?

Please register in order to view this content

I saw where he said you can't be racist if you marry a POC. I guess you can't be a misogynist if you have a wife, daughter or mother. Good grief.

• Administrator

I like Nelle and think she's been one of the best villains ever since she turned bad. Soaps need schemers like Nelle, IMO.   I think Nelle being Nina's daughter is a better choice than Willow.   Nina is secretly helping Carly/Michael bring down Nelle, but wait until she finds out the truth - she's definitely not going to help Carly/Michael.  

Are we sure GH used the flashbacks to split up episodes (did someone form GH say something)?  I thought it was intentional because they were leading up to the Nelle/Nina reveal and they just wanted to recap things.