• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

They're excruciating. They split yesterday's episode into two and they're using them to fill the gaps. 

Right? It's awful. Nelle and Michael are around the same age since Michael was SORASed, but to make sense of this new timeline, I guess Carly still had him in 1997? Michael is not 23 years old, though. Not to mention Carly is about 18 in these 1995 flashbacks. But according to the GH Wiki, Carly should be 21 or 22 in 1995.

Edited by alexisfan07

• Members

I can buy Nelle being older than Michael.

What I still can’t buy is Jax paying Frank Benson to get Nelle’s kidney for Josslyn. 

The show pretty much ignored one of the most important parts of that whole story, ever since Jake turned up alive. If Jax was responsible for Josslyn getting a kidney, where the hell did he think Jake’s kidney ended up? Why did he lie to Lucky and Elizabeth? Why would he have lied to Lucky and Elizabeth? 

It annoys me that the show never addressed that.

• Members

These episodes with flashbacks... yikes. Are they doing this to stretch out the stories or something? It's horrible. Honestly they'd be better off just airing an old episode because this is unwatchable. I can't stand Nelle to begin with so it's especially awful.

• Members

Yes, to stretch it out. If anyone's curious, the 4/8/20 episode of #GH had 17 minutes (!) of flashbacks out of total runtime of 35:53, not counting newly created ones. That means about 47% of the episode was flashbacks. This is because the episode was split into two parts, with part two airing today, 4/9/20.

• Members

The flashbacks episodes were AWFUL. AWFUL. Terrible. 

Nelle's whole speech about wanting to be the heroine was odd. Carly was not the heroine in those days. Who talks like that? 

It was a waste of time. The acting was off. The writing and timeline did not make sense. I know FV doesn't care because Nelle is here to stay. Ugh. 

• Members

I have several things I want to get off my chest about this farce of a rewrite. It's obvious FV and team failed to fact-check Carly's Florida background that viewers actually saw play out on screen.

1) As previously mentioned, Carly was 22 when she arrived in Port Charles (her age was given during Bobbie's birthday). EM is quite a bit younger than Carly was when she arrived in PC.

2) Carly and Virginia didn't live in a nice condo. Virginia Benson's home was shown to be quite homely, a little bit below middle class, and mildly suburban.

3) Carly grew up in and came from Pensacola, not Jacksonville.

4) Frank Benson had let slip that Bobbie was a hooker. Carly didn't even figure this out until January 1997. There were episodes where she had emotional meltdowns over finding out the circumstances of her being conceived, and with Tony not knowing why she was upset the way she was.

5) It was not Frank Benson who told Carly about her birth parents, it was the Private Investigator who Bobbie had hired, Felix Piser. He was in the first scene with SJB's Carly for crying out loud. Carly had bribed him into keeping her identity quiet while she went out and sought Bobbie. After a few months, Luke, Sonny, and Bobbie had tracked him down and strongarmed him in GH into revealing who Carly's adoptive parent was without giving Carly away. Pizer then spotted Carly at GH and, blackmailed her into giving up her Nurse's Program tuition gifted by Tony for his silence. It was at this point Luke went to Florida to investgate and Tony's affair with Carly began.

Holy crap, this is a horrible retcon if I ever saw one.

• Webmaster

I forgot that the reply I gave was for the 4/8 episode. The flashbacks in that episode were intended since it was a Carly centric episode, despite the retcon they did. 

Did the flashbacks continue in other episodes? Haven’t watched this week yet. 

• Members
Nathan Varni
7 hrs

To the many fantastic General Hospital fans I’m friends with here on Facebook:

First, I hope you're healthy and stay safe during the coronavirus pandemic.

I share bittersweet news that I am no longer overseeing GENERAL HOSPITAL for ABC’s programming department. I was with the show for seven years, covering more than 2,000 of its record-breaking 14,600+ episodes. In that time, I’ve had the pleasure of meeting many of you in person, and loved interacting with even more of you online, including here.

I have learned so much from you all, and can’t accurately describe how much I appreciate and admire your collective loyalty to the show. Thank you for your interest, kindness and spirited opinions on the direction of stories. I hope you will continue watching and enjoying the show for decades to come.

Additionally, I offer my love and deepest gratitude to GH’s incredible cast, writers, producers, directors and production staff. They are truly the best in the business, and their love of the genre makes my heart full.

Until we meet again.

- Nathan

P.S. I’m still with ABC and will continue day-to-day oversight of other series, including Grey's Anatomy, The Conners, How to Get Away With Murder and a new show, The Baker and the Beauty, that premieres Monday (April 13) at 10/9c. I hope you’ll tune in and share your thoughts!