Coronavirus/Covid-19 Discussion Thread

• Members

I'm in Northern VA (Loudoun County). The Virginia HS League cancelled the remaining basketball championships and just named the 2 finalists in each division co-champions.  They're saying even if they return to school (it's been extended to mid April) that all Spring sports will be cancelled.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

They must've realized that if this kills off enough senior citizens, their ratings will nosedive.

Writers are prophets.  If I didn't realize that after the fourth or fifth time the writers of "The Simpsons" had accurately predicted world events, I certainly realize it now.

Edited by Khan

• Members

On another unrelated message board - a pageant board (yes, I do pageant coaching)...someone had the nerve to say - well they've ridden Trump from the beginning and the media hates him and this is just another example.  And all the deaths are elderly and people at risk just like the flu so.....

I was like my GOD you people have NO Compassion or sense.  I'm surprised he hasn't started calling it Obamavirus or that Hillary started it or the media started it.  That's how SICK they are.  It's just the elderly and people at risk just like the flu and the media is blowing everything out of proportion.  

Well, hope their families get it is all I can say.  They're the same ones going and buying guns and 3 years worth of toilet paper.  

• Members

Ironically, this illness is also affecting millennials, one of two groups (along with baby boomers) who continue to pull this nation apart, politically and ideologically.

Not to make light of what is, for many, a dire situation, but maybe that one meme I saw on FB is right.  Maybe the ones left standing after this is all over will be the Gen-X'ers, lol. 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

My state, Michigan. Their official website has some interesting numbers. We are now up to 80 cases. 1 death. 43% of cases required hospitalization.  They also break it down by age. 41% of cases are people over 60, while 59% of cases are people UNDER 60. 

Now 80 cases isn't much to go off, but those numbers are alarming. So I went to the State of Washington's website, since they are getting hit hard, they have 1012 confirmed cases. 52 Deaths.  They don't say how many required hospitalization, but they do also break it down by age. Only 39% are people over 60.  

• Members

That's what I think too. My 50 year old neighbors invited us to a St.Patrick's day party last night. I couldn't believe it. They are teachers and should know better. It's going to take a few more weeks for people to realize that if the worst thing that happens to them is missing a party or social gathering they are going to be lucky indeed.

Not to be a hypocrite. I was sad that my son won't get to have a 5th birthday party with his friends and that he can't go to preschool anymore, but we have to put these things in perspective. Many people cannot or will not do that until death is staring them in the face. All you have to do is check out sites like this to see what we are in for. The rate of infection is horrific. https://ncov2019.live/data

• Members
  • 88 confirmed cases in Ohio in 19 counties
  • Number of counties with cases: Ashland (1), Belmont (2), Butler (8), Coshocton (2), Cuyahoga (38), Darke (1), Delaware (1), Franklin (7), Geauga (1), Huron (1), Lake (2), Lorain (6), Lucas (1), Mahoning (3), Medina (4), Stark (3), Summit (4), Trumbull (2), Tuscarawas (1)
  • 26 hospitalized

https://www.10tv.com/article/ohio-confirms-first-coronavirus-cases-continues-testing-2020-mar