Coronavirus/Covid-19 Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I was only in 8th grade when SARS happened so my memories of the time are scarce, which leads me to ask, did anyone famous contract or succumb to the disease like Tom Hanks, Rita Wilson, and Idris Elba have?

Just curious.

Was the panic pretty much the same, worse, or better? 

• Members

Oh, get the 93% diet grind ground beef. The stores here at least, have plenty of that. There are also many other cuts that are good and lean, you just have to be choosy. 

Some facts that may explain the higher death rates and transmission in Italy. First, Italy has an 8% higher smoking rate than the United States, second, Italy has the second oldest population on the planet, Japan being the oldest. And lastly, Italy is very densely populated. The United States has 6 times the population of Italy, but 32 times the land area. 

Oh, it only will bankrupt people who gamble in the stock market. I had grandparents who lived through the great depression, I had it drilled into me to NEVER put money in the stock market. And I'm glad I didn't. 

• Members

It wasn't the same level of threat as you probably remember or don't remember because it wasn't like this. Believe me 20 years from now we are all going to remember Corona.  Granted Trump is a useless fool who is making things much worse, but this was going to hit us hard even with someone better in charge. Most of Europe has better leaders and they are pretty f*cked at the moment too.  That's thanks to the Chinese government who spent weeks arresting doctors in an effort to suppress the truth. 

• Members

You see, that's why I have difficulty NOT side-eyeing China right now (although, I'm certainly not blaming ALL Chinese people for this crisis).  Between the dangerous and unsanitary conditions at the meat market where the "novel coronavirus" is thought to have originated and their government's attempts at suppressing all information about the disease and its' potential spread.... And now I'm seeing upthread that a new strain of the bird flu has been detected over there?  Seriously, China, could you please get your you-know-what together before everyone else drops dead from illness or fright?