Sign in to follow this  
Toups

Coronavirus/Covid-19 Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, victoria foxton said:

Isn't slashing interest rates something that happened a few years before the global financial meltdown happened? This administration is always looking for a way to creative "easy lending" and free-flowing money for the banks.

1 hour ago, dragonflies said:

Damn we just got dragged hard by Norway LOL

We deserve it. Elect a conman, get zero leadership.

1 hour ago, Faulkner said:

De Blasio says NYC will attempt to re-open schools by April 20, but that they may have to suspend the remainder of the school year.

He’s also signing an executive order to compel hospitals to cancel elective surgeries.

I wish they would explain to people just what elective surgeries are. I'm still seeing people who think that just means cosmetic surgery.

10 minutes ago, Wendy said:

We deserve it. Elect a conman, get zero leadership.

Agree.  And the fact that we're on the verge of giving said conman ANOTHER four years to destroy this country even more makes me feel both very nervous and very sad.  (I'm not getting my hopes up that voters will remember this outbreak when it comes time to vote in November.  Americans never learn a damn thing.)

23 hours ago, xtr said:

My pregnant co-worker was upset today because her husband was out shopping for the and he said that the store was out of diapers. She's six months pregnant and was really worried about that, because she also has an 18 month old at home and she only had one pack of diapers left. Thankfully when someone went on break, they were able to go out and find a pack of a diapers for her, in one of the stores. (Though, my other co-worker stated it was one of the few packs left and it was a small pack) 

But people really do need to stop with the hoarding of important items. They are being incredibly selfish. My dad told me that he saw a lady with two shopping carts of toilet paper, coming out of the store today, leaving the shelves completely bare. I went to three stores today and they were all out of toilet paper. Thankfully, I have some rolls at home.   I also saw someone on Twitter say that their friend bought 14 cases of water. Nobody needs that much water, unless they have an incredibly large family at home. (Which I don't think that person did, they may have even been single/childish).People are being so greedy, it's okay to get a little extra in order to prepare, but it's wrong to take way more than you need. 

This is trifling IMHO. Maybe some of these people will end up becoming low on money from all of this selfish, greedy, hoarding. And maybe that will enable some other people of having a chance to get what they need, when the stores restock.

She needs to get a few cloth diapers, or in an emergency, cut up an old worn out bath towel or something. 

Business Insider
‏Verified account @businessinsider

Trump tried to poach German scientists working on a cure for coronavirus and offered cash so the vaccine would be exclusive to the USA

15 minutes ago, Khan said:

Agree.  And the fact that we're on the verge of giving said conman ANOTHER four years to destroy this country even more makes me feel both very nervous and very sad.  (I'm not getting my hopes up that voters will remember this outbreak when it comes time to vote in November.  Americans never learn a damn thing.)

Did you see the poll that said 45% approve of the job he's doing on the virus? I almost want to cry, but he's not worth it.

27 minutes ago, Roman said:
Business Insider

Trump tried to poach German scientists working on a cure for coronavirus and offered cash so the vaccine would be exclusive to the USA

Can you say a-s-s-h-o-l-e, boys and girls? I knew you could!

25 minutes ago, Roman said:
Business Insider

That is SUCH an "evil, world domination-seeking villain in a low-budget, straight-to-video action/sci-fi movie" move.  Seriously.  It's almost as if we should "CUT TO:" to Michael Dudikoff and Steve James driving a jeep through the streets of Malaysia on their way to meet a renegade Vietnam vet turned black market arms dealer.

19 minutes ago, Khan said:

That is SUCH an "evil, world domination-seeking villain in a low-budget, straight-to-video action/sci-fi movie" move.  Seriously.  It's almost as if we should "CUT TO:" to Michael Dudikoff and Steve James driving a jeep through the streets of Malaysia on their way to meet a renegade Vietnam vet turned black market arms dealer.

I was thinking the same thing @Khan  One of those really bad movies SYFY used to give on Saturday's.

Edited by victoria foxton

1 hour ago, Roman said:
Business Insider

What he was really trying to do is find a way for his companies to profit from any medication to fight the virus and secure the patent for it.