Coronavirus/Covid-19 Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

A couple of my friends are in Taiwan, and they’re just living their best lives, maskless and without any social distancing, going to concerts and comedy shows, feeding baby deer at farms lol. It’s like another world. Also: this weekend is Gay Pride in Taipei, with circuit parties and everything, and apparently you have to register to participate in the events (for contact tracing).

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

Thank goodness that security guard is in stable condition and looks like he will be alright.

There are some sick people out there who, no doubt, are looking for a reason to explode on someone, anyone. If it wasn't at the security guard over a mask and some hand sanitizer, it might be him or someone else over something else. Also, if these public-facing workers aren't getting hazard pay already then they should be because I doubt they signed on for this level of risk.

not to mention, risk of exposure too.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

As someone who worked as a grocery store check out girl back in the day, this is a fact.  I remember one woman going nuts on me because I handed her a receipt she didn't want.  There were so many pissed off people who wanted to take out their life frustrations on people they knew had to take it. If you want to be overrun with the Karens of his world work at a grocery store.  That was over 25 years ago, so I can only imagine what it's like now.

I agree about the hazard pay too. Everyone who is working customer facing jobs should be making more right now.