Coronavirus/Covid-19 Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I feel badly for some of the people being adversely affected but as someone who once worked for a storied NYC cultural institution, I can tell you that there is a lot of rot on the inside that had put many of these institutions in precarious positions even before the advent of the pandemic. The #MeToo, #TimesUp and #WeSeeYou movements all attest to the deeply seeded problems embedded in these institutions. Hopefully the people who run these institutions can at least utilize this time to work towards greater equity so that things are better when the time comes for them to open up again.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

Thank you, everyone for the good wishes, prayers, and hugs.

I guess I was in a daze the other day. Still am honestly.  In spite of the fact that both of my main jobs involve me interacting with people who seem to do everything in their power to NOT wear a mask sometimes, I am well. However, my brother (he is negative) had to deal with Co-Vid with his wife (she is recovering thank goodness). And I found out that my mother has it. While everyone has told me (and I have) told her to work on her vitamin D while she self-isolates...my mother also was diagnosed with Crohn's Disease a couple of years back so I'm extremely worried since I am half a continent away from her. It was also this time of year I lost my father so my anxiety is pretty high.

I never thought of my mother as weak. So to hear her on the phone like herself, but not and with a cough. I...I just don't know what to do. But...so far, so good.

• Members

Your anxiety level must understandably be high @Taoboi still, remember that it is vital that you take care of yourself and part of that self-care is to try to reduce your stress level. Vitamin D is an excellent idea, for the well as well as the unwell. Many of us tend to be deficient, particularly during the colder weather months, an this has consequences for our immune system.

So, Baron was diagnosed with COVID-19. Anybody see Javanka lately?