Coronavirus/Covid-19 Discussion Thread

• Members

The handling of this in much of the South is sad to watch, especially with all of the vulnerable people living in poverty down there. Mississippi is where most of my family lives, and I’m scared for them. So many politicians are willing to sacrifice their citizens for power.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

We are so lucky that this virus isn't even worse because it seems clear to me that people just aren't going to listen. I swear the death rate could be twice what it is and these Covidiots would be acting like business should keep humming.

You just know that a good chunk of people are going to ignore social distancing for Thanksgiving. My husband and I just agreed to full lock down from the week of Thanksgiving until after the new year. It's going to suck, but I don't see what else we can do. Thank God Biden won. I can't imagine how depressing this would be if we had four more years of Trump to dread on top of all this death and disease.

• Members

My best to you and your family. I was reading an article about COVID cases in the Midwest, and how many people there don't care about wearing masks or not eating indoors, etc. because they don't want to live in fear, don't want to make their children live in fear, figure it's going to happen anyway, etc. It's very sobering, because you can tell even if there is a reliable vaccine, many will never change.

I also read this tonight, from a nurse.

• Members

That poor child. We really do to do a better job of taking care of each other and ourselves, so that more children and people don't have to go through situations like this.

I haven't really posted much in this thread in a while. I've been busy at work, where there is a lot of exposure and unfortunately some people have come down with severe cases of COVID.  Someone from work missed work for months due to COVID and had a long stay at the hospital. His wife also caught COVID and was hospitalized as well. And he ended up having a heart attack on top of that. We weren't sure if he was ever coming back to work. One day he popped up all of a sudden. One of my co-workers asked him about his experience dealing with COVID and he said it was very painful and he's thankful to be alive.

For the most part people wear masks at work, but there are a few that don't. And we try and get on them about it. We deal with a lot of military personnel and service members, sometimes their families etc... Most of them are pretty good with putting on masks, but you have a few that try not to wear them. But we try and enforce it.

I feel bad for people who work in places like department and grocery stores where there a bunch of people walking around not wearing masks. These people don't really seem to care about the workers well-being. And it's extra concerning considering we're about to deal with cold and flu season. That's one of the biggest reasons why this illness is spreading, because people are coughing/sneezing more and spreading it around.

Now is definitely not the time for people to not wear masks. And there isn't much excuse not to wear one, unless people have a health issues preventing it. (like a few people do). There are more readily available than they were earlier on and people can help others get masks. I usually carry some around in my purse and am willing to give on to anyone that needs it. 

I also urge people to really take care of themselves and try and take care of things like your immune system as much as possible. Especially those of us who work outside of the home in high exposure jobs (including a lot of essential ones). Make sure you continue to be sanitary, and do things like wash your hands. But also eat properly and do whatever you can to strengthen your immune system. I drink a lot of immune booster drinks. Sometimes you can buy these at places like Publix and Walmart for cheap or when they are on sale. They have some that are for immunity support and some that have 100% recommendation of Vitamin D and Zinc. Stuff like this can help booster your immune system when you are dealing with a lot of people in public.

And if you haven't gotten your flu shot consider doing that as well. I got mines back in October. 

Edited by xtr