Coronavirus/Covid-19 Discussion Thread

• Members

Thank you so much Carl. I hope you and yours are safe as well. Things are absolutely out of control in the upper plain states. Our poor healthcare workers. Then you have Trump and his minions telling people to rise up to save their freedom. This is like a dystopian virus show that you turn off 10 mins in because people could never be this f*cking stupid.  Then the Covidiot leaders in the region:

"Last month, South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem praised her state as “an example to the nation” for its approach to handling the coronavirus — “respecting our people’s freedom and personal responsibility” by rejecting stay-at-home orders and mask mandates.

A month later, South Dakota certainly stands out, but not in the way Noem bragged: It now has the highest COVID-19 death and hospitalization rates in the nation. And the state stands as a grim warning to Nebraska, as the same virus wave that’s pounding our neighbor to the north is now on the verge of cresting here."

https://omaha.com/news/state-and-regional/covid-surges-in-dakotas-are-warning-of-what-may-happen-in-nebraska-iowa/article_4f9b22ab-5d6d-5d3c-b566-eb87c7f815e6.html#tracking-source=home-trending

An example to the nation of what not to do!

Edited by Juliajms

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Wow. Stay safe.

Meanwhile, here in San Diego, we hit the purple line so restrictions are in somewhat force for 3 weeks. 

Brother is doing good. Mother is recovering nicely, but now Sister took a co-vid test and is awaiting results.

Good to hear how things are going with you.

In light of our purple alarm, I can already see my co-workers and I taking sides and that's not good.

• Members

My ex, a doctor in NYC who's been working in the COVID/trauma ward for the bulk of the pandemic, has it. He's slightly older than me and has preexisting conditions. I'm just hoping for the best. It's nowhere near what others have lost or suffered, but I do worry about him.