Coronavirus/Covid-19 Discussion Thread

• Members

He is completely delusional, isn't he?  

Please register in order to view this content

Whenever I see him, which admittedly isn't that often because the mere sight of him usually makes me switch channels or something, I'm amazed at the fact that he actually was elected president.

After almost 4 years I can still hardly believe that it's actually true.  

Edited by I Am A Swede

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I have heard a lot of people say this and frankly even with my mom, a senior in a retirement community, is considered high risk, I am not sure I would suggest she get a vaccine initially unless its coming from a non US pharmaceutical company - and no not China.

You just know they know the black and brown communities have been hit hardest and would want to use those communities as the guinea pigs. I'd pass also unless you know it's reputable, meaning developed outside the US and China.

Edited by JaneAusten

• Members

I will take the vaccine wherever it comes from (I won't be first in line if it's Russia, I admit), but I wonder if it's going to be like the flu vaccine. Is it going to be something we get every year and it's a variable efficacy rate each year? Will the vaccine even last a whole year or will it need to be administered more often because the immunity doesn't last?  Fingers crossed that we even get one at all.

• Members

I have been in self-quarantine since early yesterday morning. As I've mentioned before, I work as a caregiver and one of my clients was hospitalized - and tested positive for Coronavirus. I can't even get a test until Tuesday and who knows how long it will take until the results come back. The good thing is that I will be paid even though I can't work right now. 

I have had a bit of a cough and sore throat since Friday night, so I admit being nervous. I always wear a mask in public, whether I am on the job or not. Still, I know the risks as a health care worker. Social distancing is next to impossible in my line of work. You can follow all the precautions and still get sick. 

At least I can enjoy my new 40" flatscreen TV while I'm in limbo. I'll keep you all posted.