• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

What the hell is wrong with people?!  

Please register in order to view this content

Bayonne: Bus driver left brain dead after being 'attacked over face masks'

A bus driver in the south-west of France has been left brain dead after reportedly being attacked by passengers who refused to wear face masks.

The driver in Bayonne had refused to allow several people - who had no tickets and were not wearing masks - to board the bus on Sunday night, a police source told AFP news agency.

The man, who is in his 50s, sustained serious head injuries after being punched.

Five people have been arrested.

Face masks are mandatory on public transport in France.

Union sources told France Bleu's local radio station that the driver had attempted to prevent the group from bringing a dog on board the bus. The mayor of Bayonne condemned the "barbaric act", the station added.

Regional bus services have been severely disrupted as drivers refuse to work following the incident.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-53309424

• Members

Yes, sadly schools and day cares are almost certainly going to have to close again at least in some places.  I hate even thinking about all of the kids who will be abused and have no contact with mandatory reporters who recognize the signs.  Plus food security, loss of social and academic skills. What a nightmare. I hope I'm wrong, but I just can't see a situation where schools stay open for long before he infections start.