The raciest love scenes on soaps

• Members

Who do you think are some of the raciest love scenes on soaps? I always thought the first Lulu and Dante love scene on GH was pretty bold. They had to actually blur Julie Marie Berman's chest at points. Modern ones are usually pretty tame, but I thought the Griffin and Kiki and Willow and Chase recent love scenes showed more skin than usual.

Edited by SamandWillowFan

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I remember one with Brooke and Deacon on B&B way back in the day that I was shocked to see actually make it to air. He was on top of her...thrusting!...until he collapsed on top of her. I was like...whoooooaaaaa

Edited by pdm1974

• Members

B&B is like the daytime equivalent of those movies that air on cable in the wee hours. There were some love scenes in the 1990s that bordered on those type of movies.

Edited by kalbir

• Members

This isn't at all racy in the explicit sense, but I always thought it was so scandalous and hot that John and Marlena just had sex on a conference table fully clothed with an open door.   Who knew Doc was so kinky?

I thought the scenes were Brenda and Jagger first had sex on GH and she pulls out a condom were pretty racy, but I was young and would have to see it again.   There was also a Jax/Brenda kiss scene that was banned in Canada because of very obvious tongue action in 1998.  I think it was when she proposed to him when she was nuts but I can't remember now.

Didn't the entire CBS lineup start showing male butts for a minute?  That had to be kind of racy.

• Members

In the 1980s, many scenes that could be considered risqué took place within fantasy scenes or sequences.  On ATWT, in particular, scenes would feature characters that were positioned in ways that could suggest something like oral sex or some "kinky" position for the standards of daytime TV.

One scene that comes to mind (that also took place within a fantasy scene) is one that happened when Lily Walsh (Martha Byrne) lost her virginity to Dusty Donovan (Brian Bloom).  Well, we know that Holden pretty much lost his mind when he found them together.  He spent one night imagining them together, and the scene played itself over and over in his mind, as if on a loop. 

The actual content of the scene was not so much the racy part, it had more to do with the barely legal status of both of the actors involved (actually, I think both were not yet 18).  Also, Lily appeared to be completely topless.  I'd be interested in Martha Byrne discussing how the actors handled those scenes but I'm guessing that she probably wore pasties or something that would cover the front while leaving the back naked.

• Members

It's not so much what was shown but the set up the scene that was out there. On B&B when Deacon let Bridget's family hear him in bed with her it was a pretty out there seen. You didn't see anything but the moaning was definitely audible. Not sure how the writers thought that one up.