Y&R Summer Previews

• Members

Exactly. Why aren't these two the anti-Nick/Victoria? (well, Adam is, and Abby sometimes almost gets there). Teaming up to cause some hell. Abby's so blah. It's like they're afraid to take her in any sort of direction so she just exists. Adam should be filling Abby's head and manipulating her to work with him. But I'd also like them to be close and supportive of each other. Heaven forbid ...

I think I'd care a bit more if Adam weren't always going after Nick and Victoria and they weren't so blah and weren't so "Adam's awful" from Day 1. I think it's kind of lame they keep going in this hamsterwheel after each other. Adam needs to be going after other things, IMO. But I get why they have him do some things, it's just ... I just don't care about Nick and Victoria and Adam all hating each other and trying to one up the other. Meh.

Edited by KMan101

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Abby is blah because the character is conceived as a bimbo/comic relief, and because it's all Ordway can play. She has no identity beyond that. She should be recast and moved away from that in order to take that character into the kind of direction above. The character will never rise to A-list with Melissa Ordway. Never.

• Members

Someone on Twitter posted a possible spoiler about Devon and Elena. They said that Devon and Elena are going to sleep together but the afterglow of that will be short lived because she will find out that he paid off her student loans. They didn't specify where this spoiler was from, but I believe it's from SOD ( or maybe SID). This person usually get that mag earlier than others and sometimes post spoilers from it on a Tuesday. I believe this may be a legitimate spoiler.

Edited by xtr

• Members

According to soaps.com day ahead recap on tomorrow's show Victor will reveal to Nikki that he has a life threatening illness. It is a rare blood disease where something is destroying the red blood cells in his own body. Nikki will tell him that they will get through this together, and will want to tell their children. Victor will want to keep quiet and not tell his children the truth for now. Also, Victoria and Billy will have their commitment ceremony which Adam and Phyllis will crash. Adam and Phyllis will clash with various people at the ceremony including Adam clashing with Nick. Adam will tell Nick that Christan will end up with him.

Also, Summer will invite Theo to the commitment ceremony and Nick will not like that she brought him to a small family event. And Kyle will end up proposing to Lola after the ceremony happens. He will go into the kitchen at Society and tie a paper ring around her finger and ask her to marry him.

Edited by xtr

• Members

All of these women pissed that they're involved with millionaire/billionaires who will spend MONEY on them. I thought part of soaps was wish fulfillment. Do you know how many people would fall over themselves to have a hot rich (and nice!) businessman pay their bills??? These conflicts are stupid.

Every other year Nikki and/or Victor are dying. Who cares at this point?

• Members

I agree. IMO these types of storyline is not entertaining, romantic, soapy or very realistic. There are plenty of women (some men too) that would love for someone to pamper them/give them gifts like purses and do things like pay off their student loans. I don't like these types of money conflicts that Y&R is doing with Lola and now Elena. It's not appealing and it feels really out of place on soap that has long been known for showcasing characters who are wealthy and have wealthy lifestyles. 

IMO, if they want to do a storyline where a couple has a conflict over money, there is a more realistic way to do it. Maybe a character gives their spouse some type of power or elevates them to a position in their business. And then their spouse makes some poor decisions that affect their family's business and cost them to lose a lot of their wealth. And that would cause conflict for the couple. People fighting over bad financial decisions, that causes them to lose money is more realistic than people fighting because one person in the relationship wants to give them something that they can definitely afford.

Edited by xtr

• Members

Well, Adam is Christian's biological father.  AFAIK, Adam has never waived his parental rights to the child.  So, of course, Christian will end up in Adam's custody.  The only way I could see that changing would be 1) if Sage were to return from the dead (or, if Nick were to hire a lookalike to pose as Sage with the sole purpose of taking custody); or 2) if Nick were somehow able to prove to the courts that Adam poses a serious, physical risk to his own son.  Otherwise, Nick just needs to accept that he'll lose.

So, Victor has a "life-threatening illness" (which I don't buy 100-percent)?  That just proves my earlier point about Josh Griffith: he has no idea what to do with these characters unless he gives them chronic illnesses.

• Members

I remember when he had a mysterious illness that seemed to be dropped and forgotten when Mal was writing. I'm not sure if this current illness is Josh revisiting that storyline or a new illness that Josh is giving him.

Victor and Nikki have a lot of grandchildren. Maybe the show should do something with one of the grandchildren and involve Victor/Nikki some way.

They could do something with one of their grown/almost grown grandchildren, (Noah, Summer, Reed). Maybe they will eventually do that and/or do something with the other grandchildren when they get older (Faith, Johnny, Katie, Connor, Christian) Here's hoping at that at least some of those kids will be interesting when they get older. I love the current Faith that the show has and maybe as she and/or the character ages, she will be a star among the grandkids. Maybe some of the others will be interesting as well.

Edited by xtr

• Members

Again, though, Adam (or a third party working FOR Adam) can't just come in and buy Nick's company like he's buying a couch.  Either Nick and Adam must agree to some formal transition of power (which Nick would never agree to, under any circumstances, especially not with Adam) that the shareholders (provided, DH HAS shareholders) would have to vote on and approve before it's finalized; or Adam must persuade shareholders, one-by-one, to sell or sign over their shares to him, leaving Nick to scramble and purchase those shares himself in order to stop the takeover.  I've learned THAT much just from reading William Fox's biography.

Now, if there were a situation where Nick is so cash-strapped that he couldn't possibly fight Adam (and Victor) in court, I could see him putting a portion of his DH shares on the market or offering them to another, outside party in order to finance a continued custody fight against his brother and father.  But, he really should sell it to someone with their own axe to grind against him (Nick).  That way, that person could undermine Nick by turning around and selling the shares to Adam for pennies on the dollar.  Nick would have to decide whether he wants to share his company with Adam; he decides that he won't; he sells the rest of his shares with Adam; he loses DH and custody of Christian; he cuts off all ties with Victor (with Nikki, still thinking Victor is dying, working to reconcile father and son before it's too late) and realizes he doesn't have what it takes to be a corporate titan like Adam and Victor and pursues other interests away from business.

• Members

Isn't Victor supposed to be epileptic?  Wasn't that the reason why he got Zapato in the first place to alert household help if Victor had a seizure? Did the epilepsy just vanish?  Did he have corrective brain surgery?  I don't think I ever hear about his epilepsy anymore but I don't watch so maybe he had surgery or something.