Y&R Summer Previews

• Members

Traci hasn't always been a compassionate Mother Earth type.

During (and especially after) her first marriage to Brad, Traci became (relatively) more edgy and quite bitter.

Her being a bitch to Victor (given their history) wouldn't be OOC, if written with care (which will never happen, so....)

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Yeah, the sickly sweet Traci is simply to create a stark contrast from her squabbling sibs as a plot contrivance when she’s in town. She had way more layers when she was written for full time and had romances back in the ‘80s and ‘90s. But she was also then written by Bill Bell, the master who created her, not Josh Griffith.

• Members

What qualifications does Mariah have to run a PR firm? So ridiculous. I fear a repeating of the Hilary/Mariah dynamic being written for Ana. So unfortunate. I know some folks like it but I just can't support Mariah in these folks orbit. They always get the short end while she's written be be better, smarter, more deserving.. They could at least keep Devon out of whatever they do with Ana and Mariah. I have zero desire to see him treating his own sister like crap to prop up Saint Mariah the way he did with Hilary. 

Devon and Kyle are written the same way. He was always apologizing to Hilary even when she was the one who was wrong.  I read Devon pays off Elens's school loans and she storms out. Lola is storming out over a proposal. Too bad Devon doesn't get the same airtime as Kyle. 

Dark horse had debt out if the blue??!!  They could have at least shown nick borrowing money for something prior. Such poorly executed stories. 

Edited by ajsp35801

• Members

Mariah really doesn't have any qualifications to be running a PR Firm. It's one of thing if Devon let her work at Power Communications, it's a whole another thing to let her run the whole company. Based off what I read from the recaps/and people who saw today's show already it sounds like she is actually getting Neil's old job at HW. I remember during the JT storyline after Victor was attacked Neil told him he would help Victor out with PR to help make Newman Enterprises look like a strong company. It sounds like Mariah will be doing stuff like Neil used to do, but I think music artists might be included. I could definitely believe she will be clashing with Ana in her new position at HW. I could see Ana continue to be written as difficult/unreasonable towards artists in general and Mariah will be written as the more sympathetic understanding person, who "advocates" for them. I am not looking forward to watching anything like that. But I do think that something like that will happen.

I read about the Devon paying off Elena's student loan and her getting upset about that too. I don't think that is a good storyline for them and I don't like that the show is still going with this idea, that a woman should be offended by having a man who cares for her trying to help/provide for her financially. It's not interesting, romantic or very realistic. 

And Kyle and Lola continue to be a disaster of a couple together. Kyle has become so weak around Lola. He's pretty much unrecognizable from the strong, confident man that he was when MM's version was introduced. I hate seeing what has happened to him since he's gotten with Lola. And they are so boring, and are on way too much. The show just be finding ways to cram them into multiple episodes. They should give that airtime to other characters, instead of constantly showing boring scenes where Kyle tries to appease Lola and they play "This Old House."

Edited by xtr

• Members

When you put it like that, it's even more ridiculous. In what world would Mariah get a job that Neil had upon his death. You're right. Her working at power in an entry level job doing PR for musicians would be one thing. The show could even hire someone to be their day to day boss. But to have her running an ENTIRE PR firm is absurd. I'm sure she said she wasn't qualified and he had to beg and convince her to take the job. Sickening. 

Edited by ajsp35801

• Members

Today's show that will air should give us a clearer picture, but from I read from the recaps, it sounded like she did mention that she wasn't qualified, but he convinces her to take it and says he believes she capable of running it. It is even worse that it's Neil's old job. IMO, it's wrong to give her that type of position in Devon's family company. It's not like she's his wife and/or has kids with him or anything. Or has a super strong connection to the Winters/Hamiltons, besides being his friend and dating him in the past.

And I could definitely see him siding with her over Ana, when they end up clashing more. Which I definitely don't want to see.

Edited by xtr

• Members

According to soaps.com day ahead recap on tomorrow's show Devon and Elena will sleep together. Devon and Elena will talk with Jett, who will thank Devon for arranging the tour for him. Elena tells him she will miss him but he says he will be back in a few months. Elena will end up telling Devon that she needed to stay with Jett after her mother died. Devon will ask her what her next plans will be and she will say that she has lined up interviews and plans to move out. Devon will wonder why she wants to move out. Her and Devon will dance and they will banter about her leaving. He will ask her not to leave and will tell her that his feelings for her snuck up for him. They will head upstairs and make love. Devon will come downstairs and see an angry vision of Hilary staring at him. Elena will ask him if he regrets what they did, he will say no, while the angry vision of Hilary stares at him.

Also, Nick will tell Adam he would rather lose Dark Horse than Christian. He will congratulate Adam on stealing Dark Horse and says this proves that Adam is not fit to be a father. Later, Nick will talk with Michael regarding his options on getting back Dark Horse. 

Also, Kyle and Lola will talk about planning their wedding. Abby will tell Lola that she will take Kyle ring shopping. Rey will give Kyle and Lola his blessing and Lola will tell Kyle he can spend money for her on the wedding-this one time. 

Phyllis will end up being dragged somewhere and put into a room. On the other end Kevin will be shown with a key.

• Members

this show is written so a.ss backward you really have no idea what they are doing from week to week.  I expect JG to be gone once again this time next year.

If memory serves, wasn't Nick just thrown into Adam's story? like since Adam wasn't there the writers tried to make over Nick in his image?

• Members

SOD

Nick asks Jack for a loan so he can bail out Dark horse from Adam
Jack says he is not able help because Jabot is currently strapped for cash
Jack suggests Nick talks to Adam brother to brother
Nick goes to Victor for help
Victor is stunned by Nick's appeal because they(Nick & Victoria) have always refused his help with Adam
Nick blames Victor for bringing Adam back to town so he must stop him .
Griffith says "Victor will do his best to keep the peace between Adam & Nick but the battle lines have already been drawn"

• Members

Here are some upcoming spoilers for next week from the Zap2it Website:

Kevin will show his true colors, Summer will worry about Phyllis, Devon will upset Elena, and Nick will fight to save his company. Rey will stand his ground, Adam makes a confession, Christine gives Victor surprising news, Victoria's secret is exposed and Nikki makes a shocking discovery. Also, a Newman Family meeting will turn ugly and Jack and Lauren will mix business with pleasure.

• Members

According to soaps.com day ahead recap on Monday's show, Elena will be upset with Devon when she finds out that he paid off her student loans. They will share some close moments first over breakfast.  She will also tell Devon that she has interview with the Chief of Staff at Memorial that day. Then she will get an email saying that her loans have been paid off. Devon will tell her that he did to pay things forward. Elena will be upset that he looked into her financial affairs without her consent. She will tell him that he doesn't know her at all. Devon will tell her that he she doesn't have to continue dating him because he did that. He will want her not to move out. Elena will say she can't move out because she doesn't have a job but will say she feels violated and patronized.

Devon will tell her he's very sorry and will embrace her. Elena will end up saying that she feels his heart was in the right place but that there is too great of a power differential in the relationship. She will want to go join Jett and Ana on tour which Devon will think is extreme. But he will tell her he will see her when she gets back. Elena will end up talking to Nate in the penthouse corridor and he will tell her he will put in a good word for the Chief of Staff at the hospital. Elena and Nate will end up leaving together to go to the hospital.

Also, Jack, Summer and Nick will be concerned about Phyllis and her whereabouts. Summer will tell Jack she can't reach her mom and Jack will assure her she did the right thing by coming to him. Summer will feel like things are escalating. Jack will feel that Adam is too blame and that it was probably his idea for him and Phyllis to crash Victoria and Billy's ceremony. Summer will ask for Adam's number but Jack will feel she should keep her distance. They will also discuss her disappointment about her marriage. Jack will say that he thinks that Phyllis will regret not helping Summer during this difficult time in her life.

Adam will arrive at the dive bar and talk to Kevin. Kevin will tell Adam that he has "his girlfriend'. Adam will tell him that Phyllis is not his girlfriend. Kevin will want to exchange Phyllis for Chole. He will tell Adam that he knows that Adam tracked Chloe down. Kevin will say he doesn't know where she's at. Adam will say that a PI found their house but they cleared out already. Adam will tell Kevin he can't publicly accuse him of kidnapping Chloe because he would then have to admit she's alive. Adam will also meet with Nick who will ask him if he knows where Phyllis is, which Adam will deny. Nick will tell him he better not or he will bring down a world of hurt on him. Nick will also tell Adam he's not getting Christian. 

Devon and Summer will end up opening the door to Phyllis' room at the GCAC. They will notice that her toiletries and keys are there. Phyllis will end up telling Nick that she definitely thinks that something happened to Phyllis. Adam will make a call to someone saying that the plan has changed because Kevin Fisher is an idiot. 

Edited by xtr

• Members

Here are some upcoming spoilers from Lynda Hirsch's soap column for next week:

Adam will go to Sharon's home to apologize for his actions. Rey will catch them in a comforting embrace and that will confirm his suspicions. Unable to handle Sharon's attachment to Adam, Rey will storm out. Also, Jack and Traci will try to help Dina adjust to living in assisted living facility. Jack will try and spend more time with her and Traci will tell her about her novel. Despite her memory, fading Dina will be comforted by her children's presence.

Victor will also take a lawsuit against the Genoa City Police Department which will enrage Christine. Victor will offer Adam the chance to run his company, but Adam will refuse that offer and say that he wants to carve out his own path for himself. He will suggest to Victor that he offer that opportunity to Victoria. And Kevin will seek revenge for Delia's death. 

Edited by xtr