Y&R Summer Previews

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Here are some spoilers from the soaps.com day ahead recap for tomorrow's show (about Devon/Ana/Nate):

Nate will indeed sell the penthouse to Adam. Adam will want to buy it and Nate will initially not want to sell it, but will end up doing so because he thinks about what he could do with the money. Devon will end up being upset with Nate that he sold Adam Neil's penthouse and didn't give Devon a chance to buy it back. 

Also, Jett will return and him and Ana will sing together again. Devon will not like Mariah's idea and will feel that Ana let herself be talked into a bad idea and that she is also being used to hawk Jabot's products. He will tell Ana he wants to hire a Senior person, who will help her manage artists. Ana will end up giving him the cold shoulder and tell him that she thinks he's making a mistake hiring someone to babysit her.

Also, Devon will dedicate the stage to Neil at Society. 

I wonder what Nate intends to do with the money he will get for the sale of the penthouse. Neil already set it up so he could live rent free, which frees up money for him. I wonder what he wants/needs the money for that he would sell it. I could understand why Devon would be upset about that, especially since Neil left it to Nate in the will. I wonder where Nate will end up living now that he sold the penthouse to Adam. I also wonder if he has some sort of financial issues, which would give him something to bond with Elena over.

Also, I think that Devon needs to take up the issues he has with Mariah's idea up with Mariah, instead of just criticizing Ana for it. But he hired Mariah in a position she was not qualified for and gave her power that she didn't deserve. Here's hoping he at least mentions to Mariah as well, that he's not fond of the idea. I also wonder if whoever he hires to baby sit Ana, might turn into a love interest for her. And I'm surprised they bought Jett back so quickly.

Edited by xtr

• Members

It really is ridiculous. Spoilers say that Nate will give the money that Adam will pay him to the hospital. And while that is nice, I still find this whole thing ridiculous. Nate can find other ways to give back to the hospital, especially now that he is on the Board of Directors for Hamilton-Winters. He could have arranged with Devon to have money donated to them.

It doesn't make any sense that he would give up living in a very nice penthouse rent free, so he could take the money Adam pays him and give it all away. Where he is going to live,now? Is he going to crowd into Devon's penthouse or go live somewhere like the GCAC where he may have to pay to live. (Unless Devon lets him live there free because he owns it.)

Either way, I don't like them having Nate give away a rent free home that was given to him by a loved one. All so rich Adam could get the penthouse back. Adam can go live in the GCAC. And then maybe move back into the tackhouse w/Chelsea and Connor should they reunite and he smooths things over with Victor. 

Edited by xtr

• Members

That reminds me of a joke Wanda Sykes told once about some of the TV series that had been offered to her over the years: "She's the maid for a rich, white family, who wins the lottery.  But she loves the family sooooooooooo much....". And I'm sure you can fill in the blank, lol.

But seriously.  Nate's selling a penthouse that he lives in RENT-FREE and giving away the proceeds of that sale to charity.  Now, would Y&R have one of their WHITE characters behaving that way?  I think not!

I miss the days when shows didn't bother with minorities.  They were a lot less offensive than this bullshit.

Edited by Khan

• Members

Hardly any of the white characters would act this way, neither female or males. An exception might be Nick who does foolish stuff sometimes and gave away all of his trust fund. Outside of Nick I can't think of a white character who would do this. Nate is not going to have a home, may very well have to pay rent wherever he goes, and doesn't get to keep the money from the sale of the penthouse. I mean, what the heck. 

Please register in order to view this content

Josh is having the black/minority characters (including Lola) have some unsettling views about wealth. It's like hardly any of them outside of Devon think they deserve to have nice things. Ana didn't want to take help from Devon to help Jett, though Devon is her own brother. Elena and Lola are chastising their boyfriends for wanting to help them out financially/buy them gifts and Nate is giving away a rent free home and the money he got for the sale of it. Even though that means he will be left without a home/and may very well have to pay rent wherever he goes.

I guess Josh had him do this, not to make him look opportunistic for selling Neil's penthouse. (Adam offers to give him double what it's worth). But this decision doesn't make a lot of sense and he should have kept the penthouse. Or at the very least kept at least most of the money from the sale. (if he wanted to give some to charity that could have been okay,, but not the whole amount. He should have at least kept most of it, and it would have been fine if he kept all of it).

Edited by xtr

• Members

Well, behind the scenes economics dictated this as there was probably no money to give Adam a new set and he is a main character whereas Nate is not.

Such a pity that Nate is not a priority as he is a very sexy capable actor. Why he can't be driving story is such a waste. He is a legacy character with a clean slate in terms of writing for him, unlike Adam who has years of ugly backstory to deal with.

• Members

They should have just let Adam stay in the tack house since they brought that set back. But I guess they wanted him to get the penthouse back so him and Chelsea/Connor and maybe Christian could live in it. Though they all could have lived in the tack house.

Here's something they could do for Nate but probably won't do it. They could have Victor offer for Nate to stay in the tack house rent free, so he could be closer to him, while he's treating him as his physician. And then if Nate and Abby become more serious, like get engaged/married they could stay in the tack house. And that could be their own spot on the property. But that's probably not going to happen and Nate will end either living in the penthouse with Devon or staying at the GCAC. And then if him and Abby get serious and live together it will probably be at the Abbott mansion. 

Edited by xtr

• Members

Here are a few upcoming spoilers from SOD that someone (who got the magazine early) had posted on another site:

Summer will end up pushing her luck, Chelsea will give Adam an ultimatum, Victoria will plot to destroy Dark Horse, and Victor will take a risk. Kevin will also reunite with Chloe and Chelsea will meet with Nick and Adam.