Y&R Summer Previews

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I just noticed Jessica Collin's post. It looks like Avery indeed could be coming back:

Honestly, I'm not excited about this if that is the case. She may not be as bad as some other characters, but I don't think she's needed. IMO, Josh is bringing back a whole lot of characters that a lot of people don't care about/aren't needed.

Edited by xtr

• Members

Here are some upcoming spoilers, including some from SOD:

Adam will fight for Chelsea, Paul will interrogate Phyllis, Jack will quiz Billy's condition, and Jill will come home for a visit. Also, Kyle will try and make a good impression, Devon will get closure, Adam will receive an unexpected visitor, and Phyllis will challenge Jack

Also Adam and Nick will almost come to blows but Chelsea will show up. Her appearance will shock both men, and Adam will tell Nick to leave so that they can talk to each other. Nick will not want to leave Adam alone with her. Nick will end up reluctantly leaving and Adam/Chelsea will be left alone. Chelsea will end up telling Adam that she just returned to town to tell him to ask him to let her go. 

Chelsea's husband has also been cast. The actor's name is John Burke and he will appear on July 2. His character's name is Calvin Boudreau.

Also, according to the daily recap for tomorrow's show from soaps.com Esther will find out that Chloe is alive tomorrow. They will have an emotional reunion. Esther will want to go to Portland with Chloe, Chloe will tell her to meet her at the airport. Billy will also get a text from someone to meet him at Delia's grave and he will go there and Chloe will show up.

Edited by xtr
added more spoilers

• Members

Is this him?

Please register in order to view this content

This is the only picture of an actor named John Burke that I could find. I'm not sure if this is the guy that has been cast or if it's another John Burke. Hopefully, one of the soaps sites, will soon post the picture of the John Burke who will be playing this role. 

ETA: It looks like he may indeed be playing Chelsea's husband. I just looked at one of the SOD pictures and it is showing a white haired man laying on a stretcher while Elena and another EMT are attending to him. I do believe that is this John Burke. They also are showing Chelsea looking worried about him in what looks to be maybe a large home. Maybe the Chancellor mansion.

Edited by xtr

• Members

Okay, cool. 

Please register in order to view this content

I do think that him and Chelsea will end up going their separate ways and that she will reunite with Adam. . But he is a decent looking older gentleman:

And maybe if he sticks around they can put him with Traci. If things between her and Cane don't fully blossom/work out.

Edited by xtr

• Members

I remember Burke from his stints at FX (when the network was just an upstart) and "E! News Live."

As long as they don't pair him off with Nikki or Sharon.  They're like the Lincoln and Holland tunnels: you have to pass through them before you can enter town.

• Members

Although I really don't watch Y&R anymore (just read the occasional post from this board), I wish him luck.  During the stint in which I worked with him, I found him to be one of the least problematic, chill people from that entire cast and crew, which is not as common a trait as you may think.  Good luck to him on the show.

• Members

It sounds like Chelsea's husband will be getting killed off shortly after he airs. According to Lynda Hirsch's soap column, next week Chelsea will be mourning. I believe that her husband will die after having some sort of medical emergency. SOD has a picture of him being on a stretcher and Elena and another EMT attending to him. I think he may only be on for like a couple/few episodes and then will pass away.

• Members

According to soaps.com day ahead recap on tomorrow's show Chelsea will admit to Nick that her husband Calvin dated her mother Anita first. But that Chelsea ended up with Calvin. Calvin will end up meeting Nick and will tell Nick he doesn't have to worry about Chelsea/Connor anymore. Chelsea will end up leaving Society with Calvin, but will look back at Nick a bit anxiously.

Victoria and Phyllis will clash at Dark Horse. Phyllis is going to tell Victoria that she intends to make Dark Horse the most powerful company in GC. Victoria will tell Phyllis that her inexperience is showing and reveal a new acquisition that will affect the newest high rise in town.

Also, Theo and Summer will go to Crimson Lights together after they attend the carnival. Theo will give Summer some coffee to help her sober up. Summer will end up getting a text from Kyle saying that Billy is upset that she missed a meeting. Summer will then rant to Theo about Kyle for a while. Theo will try and turn Summer's attention back to him, but that won't last long. He will finally get frustrated at Summer ranting over Kyle and will leave to go to Austin. Later Phyllis will show up and take Summer home. Summer will tell her that alcohol relieves pain. Summer will say she didn't understand why Theo was upset about her talking about Kyle. Summer will declare she's independent and then will say she's tired.She will tell Summer that she loves her and will take care of her.   Summer will end up apologizing, Phyllis will hold Summer. Later she will tear up as she watches Summer sleep.

And Elena and Devon will grow closer. Devon will tell Elena that she can make some changes around the penthouse if she likes. Elena will think about what personal touches she wants to make. Devon suggests she can put up a picture of her mother if she wants.  He will take her to the carnival and they will have fun together. She will tease him about his tastes in foods and they will encounter Nikki/Victor. Victor/Nikki will be introduced to Elena and Nikki will end up telling Victor that it's nice that Devon has found him someone. Devon will end up winning a teeny teddy bear for Elena that she will put beside a picture of Devon/Lily and Neil. Elena says the picture will remind her of her and Devon's second date.