Y&R Summer Previews

• Members

So, that is where the audition script came from. It looks like they will be scheming together. I could see Mark Grossman and GT's Phyllis playing well off of each other. I wonder how he will fare with MS's Phyllis. 

Also, here are some new pictures that were posted of the Theo #2 at cbspressexpress website. I also saw a video posted from about week ago, (which I just saw today) of him and Loren Lott interacting a little together on her Instagram. (They also have a couple of ones up there of the new Nate which look nice). It would be nice if Ana interacted with Theo. He's going to be paired with Summer, but  I wouldn't mind seeing Ana interact with him and Summer.  That would be much more preferable than her interacting with Tessa and Mariah. Tyler Johnson the actor seems excited about playing this role, here's hoping he does well in it.

Edited by xtr

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

If she's scheming with Adam, it means we won't see a Nick and Phyllis reunion anytime soon, which works for me. 

@rlj - what about that Phick reunion you were assuming would happen a few weeks back? Nothing in recent spoilers indicates the show has any intention of revisiting that (thankfully). 

Edited by BetterForgotten

• Members

I don't get why Elena needs to be shown with other people to be developed. I don't get this idea that sharing scenes with Devon is such a bad thing and limits her.  He can develop her with her main screen partners (Devon and Ana) like he does EVERYBODY else. He's just not doing that cause he doesn't care about her character. I bet you Theo won't suffer in development by spending most his time with summer and Kyle. And I bet you nobody will complain and say he needs to be shown with someone other than summer either. 

So was that spoiled Adam scene with the actors reading for the role with Phyllis after all....some swore Sharon. Seems not. Lol

Black Friday...lol

• Members

Elena is severely underdeveloped. We don't know much about her. She's actually worse off than Ana in some ways, (though unlike Ana she has a love interest. ) She does need to interact with other people and get out of the penthouse more. I've seen her venture out of the penthouse only like a few times. And with Jett being sent out on tour that has worsened her situation. Now she mostly interacts with Devon (mainly when he's struggling with his grief) and she's not shown more than once a week (if that, I believe recently she wasn't shown at all during one week). Her Ana have talked at times, but they haven't become very close. (At least not yet).

She does need to interact with more people and be shown more. At the very least she needs to go finish her residency at the hospital. That would give her something to do and she could interact with Nate. (I don't want a triangle, but it would make sense for her to interact with him, being they are in the medical profession.)

I think that Theo may definitely end up faring much better than her. At least he won't be isolated to just one or two people. And will probably be shown a considerable amount more. At the very least he will be interacting with Summer, Kyle, Lola and Jack. Probably Nick and Phyllis too and maybe others. 

Edited by xtr

• Members

I agree that all the black cast need a wider circle. Elena does  need more development. I feel like I don't know who she is.  She also needs something to do.  A story. A purpose.  But, She could have that with Ana and Devon as her main screen partners if the show cared.  Cane mostly interacts with Tracy and their relationship is even more developed than Devon and Elena. Isn't that something. Lol 

So no arguments there. But what I take issue with is folks seemingly acting like Devon being Elena's main screen partner is something terrible and limiting. It doesn't have to be. 

Theo could only be interacting with Kyle and Summer without meeting anyone else and he'd still be a better developed character. He will have a story. A love interest. A rivalry with Kyle. A business story. He will be designed with something to do. Because the show will care. 

• Members

Agree @xtr

Elena does need her own life outside Devon and the potential romance storyline too. She should decide without her uncle around she should go to complete her residency at the hospital. Have Nate and she have conflict over the treatment of patients and procedures too. As well as eventually Nate becoming a mentor to her down the road too. 

Can we talk about Ana? You have someone as beautiful, charismatic and talented as Loren Lott. And you have her just be Devon's assistant for the past seven months. Her love interest is no where in sight, and I don't need her and Nate to be together. I would either bring back Fen from tour who discovers he doesn't want to be a singer anymore, but goes onto working with his mother at Fenmore's. Or develop Eddie the detective that Mark Taylor plays for her, it seems like they would have a fun rapport with each other. 

Let's not forget Lola Rosales gets a bunch of airtime .... 

I bet Theo in his first week will interact with Kyle, Lola, Summer , Jack, Billy etc... He'll have more ties than Ana Hamilton has I guarantee you. 

• Members

I like the thought of Nate mentoring Elena.

I would also love if Fen came back and was Ana's love interest. I think that Fen realizing that he would rather work for Lauren would be a good idea. I had thought before about him possibly doing that I do believe if he ever comes back in any way or form that he will eventually move away from singing. I could see him ending up in a more stable career,  and him working for his mother's company could work for him. (And it would also add to his rivalry with Kyle.)

If Fen doesn't come back, I'm okay with the detective that is working for Paul being paired with Ana, (and I remember Loren saying she had a crush on the actor growing up.) Or even another older guy, (though not as old as say Jack) like Rey or Nick. I'm even okay with her having a love interest that may not be shown a ton, but at least will support her and be there for her. She isn't even being given a recurring love interest, which is unfortunate. I saw that a past SID mag had asked her about a love interest and she said that she thought she would be paired with Fen or Nate. She seemed like she really wanted a love interest. I really would like to see her get one. Though, I'm okay with her not being paired with Nate, because I view them more as family. I think they came across as cousin-like in their scenes together yesterday, when she was talking to him about having a seat on the board.

Edited by xtr

• Members

When the show decided to bring back Ana, I'm convinced all they wanted is someone for Devon to interact with and to provide him story.  Supporting character. They went out and hired a star. Fans recognized her as such and expect more for her than they wanted to give. I'm interested to see what they do. 

• Members

Here are some more upcoming spoilers from the latest issue of SOD:

Sharon will deliver a message from Chelsea, Victor will end up giving Adam the third degree, Victor will cover his tracks, and Nick will plot his next move. Also, Rey will uncover a secret, Mariah will take on a new challenge and Phyllis will be backed into a corner.

Also, Kyle and Lola will end up getting engaged and will plan their wedding. This will cause Mama Rosales to come to town to meet with Kyle and help Lola plan the wedding. She will attempt to push her way back into Lola's life and will take over planning the event. This will test Kyle and Lola's relationship and bond.

I believe that Mariah's new challenge may be trying to manage Tessa's career. And I think that Phyllis being backed into a corner may be regarding that counterfeit scheme she is doing regarding Jabot Collective. Though on today's show Lauren will give her an ultimatium to stop doing that.

And the writers continues to throw stuff at Kyle and Lola but IMO they just don't work as a couple. Now they are engaged, even though Kyle isn't even divorced (or barely divorced yet). I believe that Mama Rosales will definitely be used as another "obstacle" to try and make this boring couple work.

Edited by xtr

• Members

Seem it mightve been as I just said upward, in the end MG screentested only with SC as I predicted he would  tho others swore otherwise,  they prolly used the same leaked scene lol ✌

Anywho, GTs last day as Phyllis is next Friday 6/7

Per SOD, next week

Billy and Victoria recommit to each other. - Victor gives Victoria and Billy his blessing, because he sees how happy she is. - Billy and Victoria exchange heartfelt, nontraditional vows. - A shocking arrival crashes the ceremony.