Y&R May 2019 Discussion Thread

• Members

Agreed with all of this.

I don't mind Rey much but I feel like the writing's on the wall. I think he and Sharon fell in 'love' waaaay too fast. But he's not awful, just needs more fleshing out. I guess they could put him with Chelsea?

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I'm thinking they may end up reuniting Adam with a returned Chelsea. I believe that they may just be using Sharon right now, because Chelsea isn't around and she's a past love interest of Adam's. Maybe they feel that Sharon is the best choice right now to jog Adam's memory, because she's currently on canvas and Chelsea isn't. 

Plus, it provides some extra drama for her and Rey/Nick. I think they may tease something with Sharon/Adam at first, (like maybe he ends up thinking that he's still in love with her for a bit). But I could see them moving away from that, by having Chelsea return and her and Adam making their way back to each other. And Sharon/Rey can be together. (And Nick may also hover around as well, since he still cares about Sharon and has been acting protective of her.)

If they did decide to really pair Sharon/Adam again, I'm not sure what they would do with Rey. They could put him with Chelsea. I'm not sure who else they would consider putting him with. 

Edited by xtr

• Members

Griffith was the one who established Chelsea as the “love of Adam’s life” the last time he wrote the show. I think he’ll definitely go there again when Chelsea is back.

I wonder if they’ll also revisit Pumpkin Spice’s spawn really being Adam’s and not Nick’s.

• Members

lol. On the bright side, he's not related to most of the women on the show, so he has some options, though I'm not sure who they will put him with.

I believe that they will try Abby and Nate, but if that doesn't work out, she could be an option. Maybe if they split up Victoria/Billy she could be an option. If they ever bought back Lily long term, that could be an option. I saw someone elsewhere suggest they wanted Ana with Rey (though that might not be very likely). If they could get Ashley back for a long term, maybe something there could happen as well. And Phyllis is single.

I definitely think they will. On today's show Sharon mentioned that Adam being alive could affect Nick's role in Christian's life. I could see a custody battle happening between Nick/Adam. Especially since Nick was tense about hearing the news of him being alive and possibly interacting with Sharon. Nick was talking about the things that Adam was capable of doing on today's show. I could definitely see conflict arising over who should be raising Christian.

Edited by xtr

• Members

Initially Vicki had the most importance in the Barber Winters orbit (Y&R went to great lengths at various times to keep her around including BB once declaring her irreplaceable) with Shemar (beginning with his marriage to Olivia) a close second.

After Shemar exited (among several other actors), ratings began to slide (part of a genre-wide trend) & Vicki was once again on contract, the power shifted to him. They practically begged him to return the first time only to thoroughly waste him to the point where he refused to return for the better part of a decade. Hence the huge media circus for his 2 day stint several years ago.

Meanwhile Veronica & Tonya got (and continue to get) NOTHING (except extremely rare guest appearances).

• Members

I proposed that idea on here more than once.  In fact, I proposed that Shenaz Treasurywala (Rama, OLTL) play his older sister, a chemist who was recruited to Brash and Sassy.  I thought Treasurywala would've fit in really well on the canvas and her character could've clashed with Ashley, especially since, at the time, Ashley was still physically involved with Ravi.  

Missed opportunity.

• Members

Loren Lott is a star and the fact that Y&R doesn't realize that tells you a lot about the state of the daytime drama. They're wasting her the same way they're wasting Camryn Grimes and well...most of their younger cast. I'm not saying Nick, Sharon, Phyllis, Jack, etc. shouldn't get story but my god, you have this younger talented cast being utterly wasted in order to keep propping up characters who honestly need to break.