The Talk: Discussion Thread

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Folks didn't want to hear what I was trying to say. CBS is looking out the front door and Sharon's racist nonsense just may have given them the opening they didn't even know they had. If there is a way to cleanly cancel the show with a decent replacement and without much downside, they'll do it.

The show was lucky to have survived as long as it did, it's had bad karma since the beginning.

Honestly, the show is not even worth fighting for but it is CBS.

CBS is the name and toxic behavior is the game.

• Members

THIS. All of this.

It's time to move on from The Talk. I assume they clung to it because they didn't have to bother finding a replacement. Well, it's time.

Let's see ... The Talk imploded ... The Chew imploded ....

Hey, ABC/CBS, how those soaps lookin'? (At least ABC has something solid in GMA3 but that doesn't seem long-term to me despite them treating it as such). And to be fair, ABC could "easily" put AMC/OLTL back on the air tomorrow while ATWT and GL are being kept locked away by evil P&G LOL. I know fans are like "gimme back ATWT" but yeah that's not likely.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

Elaine Welteroth made her career as being a pretty well-respected journalist. She became better known for her work as the editor-in-chief at Teen Vogue (only the 2nd Black person to hold the position at Conde Nasty), which did some ground breaking articles (certainly better quality than grown up Vogue) and had developed into a well oiled social media machine, churning out insightful and eye grabbing tweets (they have since dropped down from prominence since then, imo).

I admit, the announcement of Welteroth being a panelist on The Talk raised eyebrows (namely mine) but I guess she's got bills to pay like everyone else.