The Talk: Discussion Thread

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I really liked Elaine Welteroth's response to Sharon.  Because she noted that the issue not about supporting or defending a friend, it is about the need for public figures to use social media to call out racism.  If you like Piers Morgan, call him on the phone, but don't use your status to promote his behaviors.

I think Sharon Osbourne and Whoopi Goldberg suffer from the same generational instinct.  If they've met someone, and had a pleasant working relationship, then they feel the need to defend or explain their character.  However, what they miss is the idea that men like Piers Morgan are cowards and would never offend someone to their face.  Thus, as an audience member, I don't care if Sharon or Whoopi like some old fool, I just want to know that they understand the boundaries of social interactions in modern media. 

Edited by j swift

• Members

Do a 1 hour Million dollar pyramid. You get to the winner circle the 4th time in the hour, you go for a million bucks. Why are any of you surprised at this turn of events? We're speaking about a woman who used to mail her TURDS to her enemies. 

Edited by alphanguy74

• Members

Don't be surprised if Drew Barrymore gets slotted in there.

It should be obvious that this show has not been performing well for quite some time. If it were, Sharon would have been suspended pending investigation, rather than the whole show being put on temporary hiatus. Also, don't be surprised if that temporary becomes permanent.

Honestly, I could care less, I just find these excuses kind of ridiculous.

ETA: the hiatus is two days?  Is that long enough for CBS to plot whether they want to put this broadcast eyesore to bed?