GH: January 2019 Discussion Thread

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

As I watch this week’s episodes, I really enjoyed Laura’s swearing in ceremony.

It makes me happy to see the show writing a story for and about Laura.  Also, as a viewer for a long time, it was really cool to see her be sworn in as Laura Webber.  Not Baldwin, Spencer, Cassadine or Collins.  Laura Webber.  A great moment for both the character and actor.

Wish Leslie had been there.  The reaction shots from her would have been wonderful.

• Members

So clearly no one on the GH writing staff has ever read (or even seen) a travel guide. At least the prop people know how one should look, but most of that launch party was just too stupid for words (though Bobbie and Felicia were fun). Why couldn't Lucy's book have been presented as a gossip tell-all (since that's what it is, apparently)?

• Members

Yep!  When Sabrina was alive, they had her dismiss the murder with a bipolar excuse.  According to PC residents, AJ's murder was Ava's fault even tho Sonny said in no uncertain terms "Ava was in no danger when I got there...I wanted to kill the son of a bitch".  

Benard wants it both ways.  To be a big feared presence in Port Charles (no matter how height challenged he is) but all the residents of PC have to love Sonny.  He is so afraid to challenge himself as an actor and it's one of the things that killed this show!  

• Members

I was thinking more a sweeps event.  If Anna had it first, and it was a DVX virus, then somehow it is contaminating others.  Maybe Oscar too.

Do we think Lulu will be in a coma, or maybe they will revisit the original Ryan story and she will have amnesia like Felicia did at first?

The attack on Lulu was the most frightening this story had gotten.  They all need to be shown going forward.  We don’t need to see the heads being chopped off, but the menace needs to be onscreen.

Dante’s not being here is just weird after his wife is attacked.

• Members

And when he doesn't get his way he shows out at fan events. It's ridiculous.

He's capable of delivering still, sometimes, when challenged. But he really hasn't been in close to a decade, and even then it was only brief spurts.

• Members

They have Lulu stabbed and don’t even play the story the next day? That’s not some B-plot you can just dip in and out of. The whole town should be reeling because of that. No wonder viewers tune out. Were Luke or Lucky mentioned at all?

All the Joscar stuff was FF material and a distraction.

Archived