depboy

GH: January 2019 Discussion Thread

9 hours ago, KMan101 said:

I'm still shocked "Friz" have fans. I truly truly don't get it.

I know. I can only imagine it's either hardcore Howarth fans, or people who are so desperate for Liz to have a pairing that they'll ship anything. I can't stand the pairing because a) Franco sucks and b) it's all about Franco. Liz barely gets any focus.

Watching the election results episode, and I just keep thinking how much is missing.

Imagine the same story, but with a house full of Quartermaines.  Tracy and Edward supporting Ned, even if they have to be underhanded to do it.  AJ being underhanded against Ned.  Monica or Alan supporting Laura over the family.

I miss the Quartermaines.

The election stuff was tragic. 

Just call all an election for any random day. No campaign workers needed...a few supporters for Laura in a bar...Mayor Ned (who saved Port Charles after the EARTHQUAKE!!!) alone with Olivia. All so believable.

If they can’t make filler look real, I don’t want to see it.

The cast needs some thinning and Ryan is the guy to do it!!! Perhaps the 3 full hour soaps left need to be trimmed to a half hour to eliminate bad filler, unnecessary actors, and keep a better quality visuals from budget

Edited by ironlion

On 1/9/2019 at 8:55 PM, AlexElizabeth said:

I know. I can only imagine it's either hardcore Howarth fans, or people who are so desperate for Liz to have a pairing that they'll ship anything. I can't stand the pairing because a) Franco sucks and b) it's all about Franco. Liz barely gets any focus.

That's pretty much it. Howarth stans or people desperate for Liz to have a pairing. If it were anyone but Franco I'd probably be all over it. I truly wish it were AJ in his place. I can't get past AJ and Duke being brought back only to have Ron off them. So watch your back, Jack! (and Will!) (DAYS) ... LOL (But I think those exits were more of a Frank/Varni thing but we'll never know I guess, and I think Ron was bitter and killed them again, just a hunch)

I'm sick of soaps trying to salvage rapists, murderers, etc. and fans just froth at the mouth because they're hot for the actor.

Edited by KMan101

On 1/9/2019 at 7:55 PM, AlexElizabeth said:

It's hardcore Howarth stans no doubt.  Good Becky is employed but she has to be rolling her eyes too.  

30 minutes ago, ChitHappens said:

It's hardcore Howarth stans no doubt.  Good Becky is employed but she has to be rolling her eyes too.  

Yeah. And I'm glad Becky is still employed as well; she feels checked out at times in scenes just with him, IMO.

When Anna was on AMC from 2001-03 she married David Hayward. In 2011 as AMC was ending on ABC, Angie Hubbard went blind and her eyesight was restored with the help of David Hayward

Now with Anna having Vision issues maybe David will show up in PC to help his ex-wifeI am thinking that the treatment effects are delayed and it will end up working. 

Legitimately shocked and pleased they are playing a story beat, however small, with Gail's death for Monica, etc.

8 hours ago, KMan101 said:

Yeah. And I'm glad Becky is still employed as well; she feels checked out at times in scenes just with him, IMO.

I've noticed that too. She's seemed kind of over it a few times if that makes sense. I swear it's like they're playing two different scenes at times. But you mention anything against Friz on twitter and the RoHo stans flip out.

Edited by WebberFan

They really have.  We need a victim that matters.  We need some legit scares.  I also think there is a happy medium between too gratuitous and showing some of the violence of the killings.

I also think we need more of Kevin.  He is completely absent.

My fear is if people complain about no one major being killed they'll kill off Felicia or someone to spite us.

It's ridiculous she's not part of this given her history with Ryan