GH: January 2019 Discussion Thread

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Are they really going to kill Oscar?  I mean really GH.  You desperately need Quartermaines.  I can’t watch Monica loose another person.  It’s just too depressing.

This is no Stone and Robin.  The acting and the writing are certainly not up to par for that.

I’m not saying I want this kid on my screen forever, I just don’t want to see him killed.

Braun did a good job selling her sadness today.

• Members

I am thinking that the treatment effects are delayed and it will end up working. 

they did with Reva on GL in 2005 with her cancer she actually died and was revived the next episode

I could see GH doing something similar with Oscar

• Members

So Nathan Varni implied the opening would change every day but there were many characters in the opening NOT in today's episode. I did notice all five of the recurring cast members featured were in today's episode, though. So perhaps they have five "recurring slots" they rotate out of the different versions of this opening depending on the episode? All in all, the opening was WAY too fast. I appreciate them trying to brighten it up but is there a reason we can't have five versions like Y&R does so the faces have some breathing room? Ugh.

• Members

I’m still just kind of shocked that any credible network television show would have this as an opening.  Web soap- maybe.  But this is really awful and amateurish.

I guess the ending flicker with GH is the only part I didn’t hate.

If we are stuck with this god awful opening, at least use less photos per day and roll the shots to the beat of the music so it looks deliberate.

• Members

That open is THE worst daytime soap opening I have EVER seen. It’s just awful. I slowed it down and tried to pause it and STILL couldn’t deal with it.

And no, it’s not the FCC’s fault because there’s more advertising. If less story time is available, then speed up the scenes enough to get 15 or 20 more seconds for an open. Cut a character’s walk into a room. Cut a long pause. Cut a closeup. We’re talking about cutting 15 seconds, not 5 minutes.

Opens make a statement about a show. I know that prestige openings can be found only on no ad networks like Netflix and HBO, but it’s sad to lose them and end up with just the show’s name on the screen — or this.

• Members

When I saw how awful,cheap and unprofessional this new GH opening was, I immediately thought of TGL's dreadful 2003 monstrosity. Before today, TGL held the dishonor of having the weakest opening in daytime TV history. I guess now GH has taken the booby prize.

Maybe GH does not want us to be able to see how many pointless/irrelevant/repulsive characters are on the show, and how many actors need to be let go, LOL.

Archived