GH: January 2019 Discussion Thread

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There's more holes in the plot than there is in a piece of Swiss cheese, but, I'll still take this story over a mob war any day of the week.  I'm so glad Genie Francis is back and that they are using her better this time around.  Even though the show is far from perfect, the refocusing of the show in favor of the character of Laura has helped to improve the show alot.

• Members

Admittedly I skipped out on a lot of GH in the past few years, but I find the way this story has played intolerably frustrating, not only with the plot holes but with the mind-boggling oversights. Maxie bobbing and weaving dick-drunk and giggly all over Port Charles while her friend is in the ICU? None of this is grounded in character whatsoever.

• Members

Maxie having no life outside of having scenes with or about Peter is so annoying. I don't like him, I don't like him with Maxie, and the actor is so boring.

Look at Brad and Lucas actually getting airtime in their own story! Can't wait to see them again in a month.

Drew and Kim have zero chemistry, and I do not care about Oscar no matter what this show does.

Kevin is blind :( Are Drew and Jason next?

Baby Wiley is soooo cute.

• Members

I posted this on Twitter but I'll share it here with all of you. Look at this GH cast bloat! (Click to enlarge)

All 43 actors and 44 characters in GH's January 2019 opening credits. (Kevin/Ryan did not have separate pictures so I just put them under "Kevin.") Yes, you heard that right. This cast is sooooo big. I'll try to make one of these every month if anyone's interested!

Please register in order to view this content

Notes: Recurring cast only appear in the opening if they are in the episode itself (aside from the first few iterations that used a ton of faces.) Shiloh hasn't been added. Major recurring characters that appeared in episodes but weren't included: Brad, Lucy, Obrecht, Robert & all of the kids. Major recurring characters who haven't yet appeared in episodes since new opening started: Diane, Epiphany, Molly, TJ & Valerie.

Side note: Parry Shen actually tweeted me about it, which was awesome haha. He said he and Ryan Carnes took new ABC photos last month so I'm sure we'll see Brad and a new Lucas photo in here within the next few months.

• Members

While the Lucas/Brad/Elizabeth  were very good, the rest of today's show was crap. Four  pets in one episode  (Peter, Franko, Nina and Julian) makes me cringe. 

The scenes with Jillian/Ava were decent, MW saves him. Had Devry played a different character, I wouldn't loathe his presence on the show. 

Bloated Jake Dough and Kim scenes were blah. Again, if Tamara was playing Sarah Webber with a Q heir, I might be a little more interested, but Kim is just a boring character.

Nina---just no.

They already ruled Father Knows Best out as a suspect, and this just seems like an excuse to have smirking RoHo on again. Who is directing that isn't telling him how his facial expressions are horrible?

I guess it will be 2025 before we hear about Gail's will again......

Archived