B&B December 2018 Discussion Thread

• Members

What was with pod-Steffy going on and on about family and being all chummy with Brooke and Hope and acting all happy while her mother was presumably home alone and uninvited?  And Eric would never allow that to happen.  It was just a weird Christmas episode, that completely ignored what happened in the previous one.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

In today's news...Liam Spencer of the loaded Spencers has never  been to Catalina.  I live in Northern VA and by no means rich and I've been to Catalina.  And Liam and Hope talk about what the weather on Catalina will be like, or have you checked the weather?  Uh, considering Catalina is about 30 miles from Long Beach...the weather will be kind of similar since you're in LA.  So lazy and silly.

This sounds like  a year or two ago when Quinn's gift to Eric was an outdoor shower because he always wished he could have one.  LOL. 

All so contrived and silly...

• Members

Thudley didn't dwell on holiday episodes for a few years in the early '00's. However after he had acclaimed success and was successful in writing some fantastic Christmas eps in 2003, 2004, 2005, and 2006, he's been trying to recapture that same success. It's just that his talent has gone missing and the last few years he's missed the boat on what those eps magical in the first place. 

• Members

Me also.  Could they not have Steffy give her loving little speech and then pull Brooke and Hope aside and say - don’t think I haven’t forgotten both of you made me choose between this, Christmas, and my Mom and where my daughter should be.  You can candy coat It however you want.  I know what you said to me - etc etc. But instead it’s all Christmas and zero Drama.  

• Members

Exactly my thoughts re: Liam.

Funnily enough, I was listening to the convos people were having at a book signing for Don Diamont's book, and several people seemed to like Liam and SC. I certainly didn't hear the amount of complaining I would've expected.

• Members

That's basically what B&B did from the mid-90s onward. They completely ignored Xmas and viewers got Morgan falling over a balcony (2000), Portofino (2002) etc.

I must admit that I appreciate the holiday episodes just for the sake of seeing some wallflower characters at least once a year, on Dec 24 or 25. LOL

Archived