B&B December 2018 Discussion Thread

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Liam needs to have the Santa Ana winds explained to him and is shocked that it can last for days at a time.  Lived in Southern California for how long and you've not heard of this?  Great stuff.  There are Ferry Services and private charters.  But Liam wouldn't know that because he doesn't live in LA?  Or he doesn't have the money?  So bad.

• Members

The non-stop Liam fascination drives me nuts! I mean, I think I would actually like the character in smaller doses, but it's non-stop back and forth. At this point, I don't care who ends up with whom. I think this is one of the main problems with B&B. There are no true end game couples to root for. People change spouses like socks. How can you get invested in the characters when you know it will all be reversed in a few months?

I miss the Brooke who always got herself into sticky situations (to say the least) but was really a Valley girl at heart going after her dreams. I would love to see another "Brooke scandal" just for the fun of it.

Maya and Rick's instant divorce was also a disappointment in what was in many ways, even with its flaws, a ground breaking storyline. I'd MUCH rather see JY on the front burner than the constant Ridge/Liam drama. There was so much more to explore with Rick and Maya...another secret from her sketchy past, Nicole (I miss Reign) making a play for Rick to get closer to the child she carried...sooooo many ways to go.

I still can't look at Wayne Brady without thinking of Let's Make a Deal, but I'll give the guy props for effort. At least Taylor is involved with someone other than a Forrester.

And for me, a storyline full of conflicts of interest just staring them in the face for the great Heather Thom is right in front of them. Katie and Justin. Bill would flip his lid! And there's so much conflict that could be mined with a coupling of those two. Plus, Katie can hook up with a guy Brooke hasn't been with before. SCORE! Of course, Justin had an instamarriage with Justin, but....that's another example of partners changing so fast I can't get invested.

And to sum it all up....I really miss old school Sally and Darlene Conley. She really added a spark that took B&B to another level.

• Members

All of Liam's stories are convoluted .....Bradley is telling us he has bad karma....bad things happen to him at the wrong time every time. ......Bradley is trying to make him this great/awesome guy who cares about everyone and is unlucky in love/relationships.....Liam cares for all women and when they are in peril he is there no matter what even if his wife is the one left out....which makes him awful(husband) marriage material. 

• Members

The only advantages B&B has on the other soaps are production (it looks better but it’s a low bar these days) and sometimes dialogue (Mulcahey and Val Jean are still the best in the business IMO). The most important thing, the actual storytelling, is the worst, and that’s saying something with Mal Young still credited on Y&R.

• Members

You'd think she was on another continent, not just miles off the coast.  I actually smiled when she went into labor and acted like she's alone in a 3rd world country...GMAFB!  I think I'm going to love having Steffy adopt Hope's baby, because you KNOW that's what's going to happen.

• Members

I also wish that Steffy would cut Hope and Brooke out of her life and the babies' lives.  If it's fair for them not to want Taylor around Hope's baby, well, when she "loses" her baby I wish Steffy would tell Hope that she doesn't want Brooke around her children because she's manipulative and has proven it again and again, and because of it, she doesn't want Hope around her children either.  And rather than use this as a long drawn out saga for more Hope sympathy and the baby give-back after Steffy is attached (once the truth is discovered), I'd rather that it not be discovered until they are adults and have Brooke/Hope really drilled, since Steffy had nothing to do with it and the child will think of Steffy as her mother.   

• Members

I got some good chuckles out of it. The recurring plane guests are always between funny and not-so-much, but it's better than yada-yada "love of my life"-dialogue with Hope or Brooke.

I'm highly interested how this prpopsterous plot is going to play out. All the plot points have been set up. So, let's enjoy the ride. Or not. We will soon know... LOL

Archived