Y&R December 2018 Discussion Thread

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah and I think that Neil should be apart of this storyline. His grandson drunk and was involved in an accident with Nikki's grandson, who ran over a drunken Nikki. I feel like Neil needs to be involved in this especially when the truth comes out. They should have Neil around trying to calm things and reflecting on what happened when he got drunk the last time around and the tragedy that occurred when Nikki tried to help him. Unfortunately, though I don't know when we will see him again. We do have Jack at least a little involved, by having him try to help Nikki and comforting her children.

• Members

This car wreck just shows how pathetic Mal Young’s writing is. He doesn’t even care that he just recently did a crash.

It’s plot driven crap. You realize that Reed was brought back ONLY to drive the car hitting his grandmother so that she can wake up on fuc_king Xmas morning. Reed is a plot convention, period.

Even worse? To get there, Charlie had to get dumped in 20 seconds by a girl who would not do that and post pics of herself and a new guy online. Charlie had to get so depressed he’d get drunk so that Reed would drive. UGH.

Of course, Reed also had to return to Genoa City WEEKS before other schools break for vacation to make any of this happen.

BYE, MAL.

• Members

Yeah and neither one of them had a good enough reason to be out driving on the road given their situations. They could have easily have waited for Mattie to come home and have her drive them to the party. Or they could have stayed in and hung out, especially given there was a snowstorm. Though,  If they just needed to set Reed up as the driver, they could have written it to where the boys had already attended the party (With Charlie originally driving them there) and an upset Charlie drunk beer there. (But Reed still stayed sober).

They could have showed them outside after they left the party, reflecting on what had happened and debating on who should drive. And then come to the same conclusion that they did. Granted that still would have been a bad solution given their circumstances. But at least that would have given them a more legitimate reason to be out in a snowstorm driving.

• Members

Watched again....lawd New Fen is so adorable....he and Kyle are oozing with sexual tension.......

Fen to Kyle: ad libing.......If you don't stop with the spoon and fork business...I am going to pour.this hot coffee down your package........

• Members

I really liked the Fen/Ana/Kyle scenes today. I liked seeing Fen and Ana interact together more, and Ana get a chance to interact with Kyle a little. I liked Kyle standing up for her to Fen, who seems to doubt her ability to be a good producer for him, because she's hasn't produced for an artist before and because he thinks she got her job only because she's Devon sister. I am interested in seeing how things develop between these two. I like the chemistry between them.

I've seen some viewers speculate and say they want Fen to woo Ana to try and get ahead in the music industry,  but then fall for her for real. (And maybe Kyle exposes him for this.) This might happen, or maybe Fen will take Ana for granted as she's helping him in the music business, and possibly falling for him and Kyle calls him out for this. Whatever happens, I do see Kyle exposing/calling him out. I also would like to see Ana/Kyle interact more. 

Kyle/Fen don't seem to like each other much, but there is a bit of a "frenemy" vibe between them. Kyle drops silverware so Kyle will have to get him new ones, but then turns around and tips Kyle $20 to help him while's he 's "struggling". As well as tells Ana his demo is good and then gives him good advice about working with Ana. I could see that vibe continuing between these two.

• Members

I'm surprised they used the word package instead of saying pants. If they really wanted to go there they'd have used the d or c or p word....hahahaha

Kyle was being a real bitch to Fen and then gave him some advice......but their scenes were more interesting than anything on the show right now.

I liked Ana as well......as for Kyle/Fen.....Kyle wanted Fen to pick up the dropped fork and spoon from the floor that he had thrown on purpose....LOL

• Members

I see good "frenemy/adversarial chemistry" between Kyle and Fen. I thought it was interesting how Kyle threw the silverware on the floor, so Fen would have to get him new ones, but then turned around said Fen's demo was good, tipped him a good amount and gave him good advice about Ana. I thought that Fen really did seem like he wanted to pour hot coffee on Kyle to scald him, though he still took Kyle's advice to heart.

Also, I see chemistry between Ana/Fen and would like to see them explored.I think that New Fen is cute. He's good casting, he looks and sounds like Michael IMO. I would also like to see Ana/Kyle interact by themselves to see if there is also chemistry there.  I think that MM has had good chemistry with multiple women on the show, (Hilary, Mariah, Lola). I wouldn't be surprised if he had chemistry with Ana as well. At the very least I could see them becoming friends.

Archived