kalbir

Y&R December 2018 Discussion Thread

Let’s see how many more times Cane and Nate just barge into Devon’s apartment. I thought the throwaway line about Shauna moving out was kind of a lame way for the character to leave. Especially since we’ve literally seen Devon have ONE party.

Edited by Antoyne

Soaps have more opportunity to “show, don’t tell” so the fact we’ve not gotten to see much of Devon spiraling is inexcusable. Same with Victoria post-JT. Especially with all the repetitive bullish!t we’ve seen on the show instead.

Daran Little is listed as “story consultant” today. And I hear a lot of fúckery (more than usual, that is) is going down this week. Coincidence?

So Summer and Shauna both gone? Throw in Charlie, Mattie, Tessa, and Cane and it will be a Christmas miracle!

I feel like we were supposed to feel something with those Shauna and Devon scenes but there was no connection there. He was never shown to be close to her other when they needed someone to weep with him over Hilary's death. And as for her connection with Hilary she spent more time speaking about her in death than we ever saw her with her onscreen. 

Edited by frequentsoapfan

13 minutes ago, frequentsoapfan said:

So Summer and Shauna both gone? Throw in Charlie, Mattie, Tessa, and Cane and it will be a Christmas miracle!

I feel like we were supposed to feel something with those Shauna and Devon scenes but there was no connection there. He was never shown to be close to her other when they needed someone to weep with him over Hilary's death. And as for her connection with Hilary she spent more time speaking about her in death than we e er saw her with her onscreen. 

+1

Relationships in that orbit are woefully underdeveloped. Nate and Devon feel the same way. 

17 minutes ago, ajsp35801 said:

+1

Relationships in that orbit are woefully underdeveloped. Nate and Devon feel the same way. 

It makes me smile everytime Devon points out that Nate doesn't actually really know him.

Edited by Antoyne

3 hours ago, frequentsoapfan said:

I feel like we were supposed to feel something with those Shauna and Devon scenes but there was no connection there. He was never shown to be close to her other when they needed someone to weep with him over Hilary's death. And as for her connection with Hilary she spent more time speaking about her in death than we ever saw her with her onscreen. 

I agree. Those scenes did nothing for me.

4 hours ago, Antoyne said:

It makes me smile everytime Devon points out that Nate doesn't actually really know him.

I get the feeling we are supposed to see Devon as s jerk for that. 😁

Was Rey talking to Victoria and Nikki through the back window of their car? It almost felt like he’d popped up after hiding in their backseat. Very strangely staged scene.

Today was cringeworthy in every way. Nate and Ana could not be more saccharine and Sesame Street-condescending. The Kyle/Fen/Mariah/Lola stuff was embarrassing. 

Edited by Costello

5 hours ago, Soapsuds said:

Tuned in yesterday just to see New Finn and the show is horrid and unrecognizable.

Apologies for jumping on this but it encapsulates my recent experience trying to watch the show. It’s the least I’ve ever recognised the show in the nearly 30 years I’ve known of/watched the show.

Edited by UK LAW