Y&R December 2018 Discussion Thread

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Its so obvious it’s because he’s black. Look at Kyle. Nate was much more important to the show than Kyle was, yet they don’t even try with him. With his career and his age range he could easily be involved in so many different things and paired with half with women on the show, but they don’t even attempt anything. I understand not using Malcolm to reintroduce him, but you expect me to believe y’all can’t get Tonya back for two episodes? Shame because the actor is pretty good!

• Members

When Nate first started, he was all over the place. They gave up on him quickly. 

ETA: it's partially circumstancial and partially cause he's black. Had Mishael stayed, Nate would be on every day in some torrid love affair. He'd also probably still be dispensing out advice to Newmans too. 

• Members

Wasn't he magically employed over night at the hospital?  I remember him being the doctor in the ER when someone was brought in there.  And wasn't he treating Victoria because didn't she tell him about J.T.?  Does he just not go to work now? 

• Members

I think Ana is a two-fer. She's lily and Hilary's diversity swap. 

I do think they'll circle back around to Nate.  They won't cut him lose without a romance. He's Mal's type of black man. So, he will get another chance to fail. 

They are using Phyllis to do that. Bryton said as much at the last tea. They knew what Mishael brought to the show before they decided to let her walk. I think they were banking on folks contuning to watch regardless of her presence or not. I can say that from what I see on Twitter, the casting of Loren as Ana has gone some ways in repairing hurt feelings with a certain set. 

• Members

I everybody...I haven't posted in a long time, been  busy..  I had to stop in and say...How pleased  I'm with the casting Ana sooo beautiful....I also like nuFen and now Reed is back whom I liked a lot.

I saw some comments about Ana who she may be paired with. I to hope not somebody right away... It's nice to develop the character although I love Ana already....She is gorgeous, sweet and intelligent all in one....I see what it's done for Victoria to be written alone for a while although she can use somebody now, she seems so strong now and dressed better and looks very pretty too. 

For Ana I don't see however a big deal if she is paired with a white character....I see some may have an issue with it and I don't get why? Is it the type you feel or you rather she is with somebody who is black? I say if they have the "perfect fit" does it matter what color they are?

Love is love is love is love and go with it if it works....Only I would not like it to be somebody that has been on the show right now like old characters. I rather somebody new for her, he also can be black just as long as it works I don't see an issue whether it be same race or interracial…..I just want to see it as a romance not somebody like Phyllis or Summer.

• Members

With Nate, they did a little thing with Victoria -tai chi ? in her office and that was that.

Rather than the Nick/Sharon/Billy/Phyllis/Victoria merry go round, try Nate with Sharon,Phyllis, Mia,Victoria etc

At least have him interact with them in some way to expand his role and potential.

Archived