Y&R December 2018 Discussion Thread

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

MAB. *Shudder*

lol I'm dead. But it's so true. They act like things are popular world wide yet Mariah lives in a one-room. Um, ok.

I for one would love to totally forget about GC Buzz. Anytime a soap tries to be "hip and current" it fails. It worked because of Hilary and Mishael, but I was never a fan of GC Buzz. The set could have been used for something better.

• Members

I believe being around her will elevate him/make him a better man. I could see him growing and maturing as a man, largely because of interacting with her. (Even if that's only through friendship). It would be nice to see that type of transformation happen.

• Members

I’d be fine with that only if they give Ana options (another dude), and Fen has to earn her respect. If she’s just pining over him while he moons over Lola, that’s a no-go. (And Kyle/Lola are so obviously positioned to be endgame, so I’d be suspicious of Kyle/Ana.)

• Members

Maybe that is where somebody like Kyle comes into play. Kyle seems to recognize Ana's value/good qualities right off the bat and did stand up for her to Fen. I could see Kyle getting to know Ana/coming to care for her and some interesting things developing. Especially in light of that Kyle/Lola spoiler from SOD. I could see Kyle calling out Fen for not valuing Ana enough.

I do like how she deals with Fen, and I hope that she won't be stuck just pining over him while he's pining over Lola. The first time they met, it did seem like Ana was smitten with him. But since they've interacted together more, she is showing that she is confident and that she won't take foolishness from him. I think that's a good sign for the possible development of their relationship. I think her taking her career in the music industry seriously and having professional goals will help as well.

• Members

What’s “odd” is that Fen (dumb and entitled) and Kyle (arrogant and entitled) are allowed to have prominent flaws while Lola and Ana are presented as Mary Sue paragons of virtue. Granted, both Lola and Ana are both very new characters (Ana as an adult) so there’s still time for the usual soap fückery, but these stories have been so skewed to a male POV thus far. Lola’s been around longer, so she should be more of a 3-D human by now. 

• Members

I am definitely fine with the way Ana is written so far.  I think she's very lovely and seems like a good woman overall. For me that is a good thing especially when there are already a lot of super flawed characters/annoying/slimy characters. I think that she is a breath of fresh air. Plus, I think we will see more facets of her personality. And the other day she did clash with Devon some, because she lied to him and was trying to advance herself and her career. (And maybe also doing it because she likes Fen.) We may see more of that.  I don't think she's a straight up Mary Sue.

Lola on the hand, I can kind of see that with her. (And truth be told I was mostly okay with the way she's been written too). But if the spoilers with Kyle play out like I think they will, she's about to really annoy me, lol. I think she's going to show some not no nice qualities, by IMO not being as accepting as she should be regarding his lifestyle and who he is.

• Members

The other day we did seem them clashing a bit in the studio, though Devon did soften a bit towards her, when he said she could sit in on the session and could input her opinion. I am interested in seeing what will happen as she's trying to become a producer and make a name for herself in the music industry. Also I saw a new spoiler that says that:

Please register in order to view this content

Archived