kalbir

Y&R December 2018 Discussion Thread

52 minutes ago, Antoyne said:

Lola's reaction to Kyle's gift is ridiculous. She already knew he was rich. Is he supposed to just suddenly shop at thrift stores to protect her fragile ego?

I rolled my eyes at the whole thing. I agree....did she think Kyle went to the flea market and buy that purse? Pleassssssseeeeeeee

1 hour ago, Antoyne said:

Lola's reaction to Kyle's gift is ridiculous. She already knew he was rich. Is he supposed to just suddenly shop at thrift stores to protect her fragile ego?

Everything about Lola is ridiculous. I really can't stand the character or actress. 

I did like Nikki playing Nadia's theme, 8 times out of 10 that song will get to me even when the story sucks.

I think Lola’s reaction was overblown personally, but I could deal with that if her character weren’t so shallow. She’s not just a newbie anymore. She should have layers by now, especially with how much we’ve seen of her. She’s just a series of “poor virtuous girl with a dream” clichés.

Between this and Ana’s tall tale to deceive Devon, it was a frustrating day.

Edited by Costello

3 hours ago, Antoyne said:

Her reaction was pathetic and she came across as an immature bitch. I’m already tired of her mood swings and lousy attitude. Kyle should run from her.

1 hour ago, Costello said:

I think Lola’s reaction was overblown personally, but I could deal with that if her character weren’t so shallow. She’s not just a newbie anymore. She should have layers by now, especially with how much we’ve seen of her. She’s just a series of “poor virtuous girl with a dream” clichés.

Between this and Ana’s tall tale to deceive Devon, it was a frustrating day.

You’re right about the layers she should have. Instead, they give her 3 jobs and act like that’s improving her character. She’s a big time chef and she still has to sell sandwiches in CL’s side room??? Ugh.

And yes, Ana’s lie about her songwriting is a read head shaker and eye roller. It makes zero sense. 

3 minutes ago, ranger1rg said:

Kyle should run from her and into Fen's arms.

There fixed! :)

8 minutes ago, ranger1rg said:

You’re right about the layers she should have. Instead, they give her 3 jobs and act like that’s improving her character. She’s a big time chef and she still has to sell sandwiches in CL’s side room??? Ugh.

It's a cliche since she is Latina. This is why soaps haven't progressed and died. 

I wish Lola had been horrified over the $5000 cost of the purse as she could have used the money to fix her food truck. Kyle works in the fashion industry, so it isn't as if he wouldn't have an in to get something that exclusive, so it was a  bit weird. 

So neither Nick nor Victoria could figure out that Victor took Nikki? Just awful.......and Joshua Morrow acting all tough today was laughable.....

Edited by Soapsuds

29 minutes ago, ranger1rg said:

So Mal gave up on the “every episode is a new day” thing?

He kept changing sets until the end, though. Now the police station set is different.

That was a change that wasn't needed. 

A new day every episode is not workable with a continuing story. Beats are not played and characters aren't given time to delve deeper.

Sometimes one day, one ep can work but as a strict edict it leads to compromise.

1 hour ago, Paul Raven said:

That was a change that wasn't needed. 

A new day every episode is not workable with a continuing story. Beats are not played and characters aren't given time to delve deeper.

Sometimes one day, one ep can work but as a strict edict it leads to compromise.

I agree. I just wonder when it was abandoned — I just noticed it this week.