kalbir

Y&R December 2018 Discussion Thread

It is criminal that Tonya Lee Wiiliams’s Olivia is not leading GC Memorial and playing matriarch to the Winters family. The stories write themselves. Newman Enterprises tries to buy GCM and Olivia battles Victor while one of the other Newman relatives fights for his or her life in the hospital... I would watch it.

1 hour ago, Eboneece said:

It is criminal that Tonya Lee Wiiliams’s Olivia is not leading GC Memorial and playing matriarch to the Winters family. The stories write themselves. Newman Enterprises tries to buy GCM and Olivia battles Victor while one of the other Newman relatives fights for his or her life in the hospital... I would watch it.

Agreed!  TLW should be back on Y&R (even if on a recurring basis).  Great story idea, too.

I thought y'all were exaggerating about Reid's hair but... hooooly crap!

How many people on this show get run down by bad drivers?  Yawn.  Didn't someone just do this a year or two ago?  Either Nikki or Sharon - someone ran someone down outside of Underground or the Coffee Shop....does anyone remember? Or it's probably not worth remembering, LOLLL. 

Edited by Fevuh

31 minutes ago, Costello said:

The Newmans are a snooze. They are just not a compelling family IMO, with or without Victor. 

Yes, they have gotten very stale along with Jack. I sure miss Ashley. 

The Nikki story isn't even compelling. Having Reid once again hit someone has gotten tedious/repetitive and not interesting at all. 

1 hour ago, ajsp35801 said:

Everything rings hollow and/or phony. 

This!

37 minutes ago, MichaelGL said:

I'm gonna guess this year's Christmas episodes sucked?

I was actually thinking how last year's xmas episodes were pretty good. 

Here is the ending...besides that you didn't miss much....

I a tually think Josh Griffith’s impact as supervising producer is already being felt and seen.

These hospital scenes did not seem fake and phony at all, and gathering around a lot of friends and family, including Noah, made it all seem important.

iv3 criticized Josh Morrow when he plays the Dark Horse boss, but he’s good with kids and he’s good with a family crisis like his mother’s life being in danger. Solid work.

The Crimson Lights set seemed bigger to me today — a bit wider and definitely deeper. The smaller sets have been bothering me, so I don’t think I’m just imagining a bigger CL.

music has also been better the past few episodes. There’s a difference to the show, and it might be Josh.

8 minutes ago, ranger1rg said:

These hospital scenes did not seem fake and phony at all, and gathering around a lot of friends and family, including Noah, made it all seem important.

I'm glad that Noah is back. And I also like seeing Nate working in the hospital setting.