DAYS: October 2017 Discussion Thread

• Members

I agree. I thought Justin and Maggie's reaction was too subdued in my opinion to the news of Victor and Adrianne's nuptials. 

The character of Brady has been useless since his SORASing. It's ridiculous. The only time he served any usefulness was during Kristen's return, and that's it. 

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

With all the firings and rehirings and numerous regime changes, I have no idea how Eric Martsolf and Galen Gering seem untouchable. At least Martsolf tries at times. Whenever Brady becomes dark and unhinged, like now, Martsolf does a good job. Which surprises me as he was never anything special in the beginning of his soap career, but I think he's come into his own. Unlike Gering. Rafe is totally useless. He and his annoying sister could go tomorrow and I'd be thrilled.

I'm pretty happy with the show too. It's not perfect but it's so much more watchable and enjoyable and SOAPY. It feels like a damn soap opera again.

• Members

I watched days as a kid in the late 80s....victor didn't like Adrienne..and she wasn't crazy about him.  Even when she and Justin came back in the late 2000s...she and he didn't care for one another....so I would think Justin would be curious about this sudden about face with Adrienne wanting to marry Victor.

• Members

It doesn't make sense. The good thing is that this story ends next week.

I thought yesterday's show minus Hattie/Adrienne was awful. Now I know why I hated Sami. All she did was cry and cry and babble on about her life. After yesterday's show I can't wait for her to leave again. I can't stand the actress or the character.

• Members

Exactly, he should have grown. I think he tries, at times, but it's not like Rafe has any real good material, TBH. I never minded him on Passions because I shipped Shuis beyond belief, lol.

I think Martsolf has grown, but I don't understand the massive focus on Brady over the years. Lawd. I'm so tired of him but his dark turn has me slightly interested. Wouldn't mind Eve and Brady teaming up and causing hell. I wonder if Eve comes back to try and get custody of Tate from Brady.

Justin wasn't on the show when Bonnie was. Maggie AND Julie (who had a scene about Bonnie that was CUT ... the day Chloe hung Club Chloe sign outside and we started with Maggie and Julie walking out of the club. They also cut a scene with Chloe/Parker) and Victor should all be aware of Bonnie.

I'm curious by their weird reactions to "Adrienne" and Victor falling in love and getting married. Unless they're all in on it and trapping Bonnie, but with Justin involving Steve and Kayla I'm not sure he is. The Bonnie story has been weird. I've liked seeing JE camp it up and have fun and Bonnie/Sheila has been decent and I'm all for Bonnie torturing Maggie, but it's been sort of an afterthought.

But during Bonnie's run, she was never meant to look like Adrienne so no one out there seems to be thinking "Adrienne has a double" like they did with Marlena/Hattie.

• Members

What’s interesting was I absolutely despised Bonnie her first go round so I was excited to see JE play this Adrienne character I had heard so much about. I don’t know if Adrienne was a huge crier her first go round, but by the time I gave up the show under Higley, all she did was cry. I was so pleasantly surprised to be entertained by Bonnie at the wedding. 

Its still really dumb on the show’s part though to suddenly acknowledge Bonnie and Adrienne looking alike, when no one ever mentioned it the first go round.

• Members

Agreed. I couldn't stand Bonnie in her original run for the most part. I've enjoyed her this time. I was the same as you, looked forward to  Judi playing Adrienne but Adrienne never did much for me, but it doesn't help I've really never watched much of anything of Justin/Adrienne from old episodes or clips so I had no real attachment to either, except to the actors themselves.

• Members

Just watched Monday.

I am sick of Brady and his camp acting at this point. I do think the actress who plays Nicole did well though.

I am now a fan of Chloe, and I really like Rafe and Gaby's sibling relationships. 3 of the best actors in the show at the moment.

Great to see Sami back!!

Archived