DAYS: October 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Catching up on my DAYS binge-fest, finally just a couple episodes behind. I *love* that DAYS is no longer a chore to watch. 

I'm glad the wedding was a hoax that Victor, Maggie, & Justin were in on, but I thought for sure they'd throw out the "B" word (Bonnie) during that time. Guess I'll have to keep tuning in and see! But really, Bonnie's mannerisms are coming out as she's pretending to be Adrienne, you would think Maggie of all people would flashback to 2004, 2005, etc. when she had to battle with Bon-Bon every day. 

That said, I gotta give major props to Judi Evans. Indeed, she plays the two roles magnificently. I initially HATED her 2003-2007 run as Bonnie, but this new twist a decade later has reinvigorated her performance. I can see why Evans enjoys playing the role. 

The past week's worth of shows have been campy, over-the-top, emotional, heartbreaking and genuinely interesting. Sami & Kate...

Please register in order to view this content

Can't ask for for more than that, other than some decent non-claustrophobic sets.  

• Members

Meh... Considering the circumstances (locked up in prison for someone else's crime, in solitary confinement, no phone privileges, no hope of getting out), I'd be overcome with emotion too. I thought it was well played. The actors get ZERO rehearsal time and crank out like 8 episodes in one week. It makes me appreciate the on-the-spot waterworks that actresses like Deidre Hall, Lauren Koslow, Judi Evans, and Ali Sweeney are able to muster even moreso. JMO. 

• Members

BD's acting in those scenes where Adrianne had called him from prison were atrocious. That whole scene annoyed me. 

Loved the scenes we got with Maggie and Victor after the non wedding. Higley would've never given them such scenes. 

Ah a RC staple, connecting everybody in town(Sheila/Eli). With DAYS I don't actually mind it, as the show has been isolated for such a long time. 

• Members

I just watched the scenes with her wailing in Justin's arms, and I wasn't moved as I should have been.  It was off and the dramatic music just couldn't compensate!

Days is certainly more watchable, but the oomph is just not there.  The sense of urgency is non existent I only look forward to Eli and Gabi (and sometimes Paul) right now.  Once Eric is over Nicole and her toupe, I'm hoping to enjoy him too.

And for the love of God, can someone get Melissa Reeves a bottle of hair color, PLEASE!  She insists on looking 70!

• Members

I like the way that Ron ties people on the canvas together like Eli and Sheila. I find their backstory makes Eli much more interesting to me now as a character. 

I hope Ron breaks up Rafe and Hope. I am enjoying their "fight" scenes lately and keep hoping each time that she calls off the engagement! I loved her calling him out on being a hypocrite today in regards to Sami and asking if it was because he had been married to her! 

Weds/Thurs were just bleh to me. Not bad eps but everything just seemed so slow. Hoping that tomorrow picks up the pace and has a great cliffhanger again. 

Archived