Y&R: May 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Exactly she was close with the twins, and if my memory serves me correct didn't she have a storyline where so got too attached to them. And another thing how don't they know each if BOTH of their moms works at the same damn place. Ugh, i love this show to death but some [!@#$%^&*] with the writing your just can't ignore 

• Members

Agree. I think in his overzealous to stick it to Billy that he didn't realize how it would affect B&S. And that rivalry between them has always been under the surface so like it being used.

Sorry, he hates the turn, but he plays an interesting bad guy IMHO.

• Members

Bless you all for pointing the HUGE lapse by the writing team. I really did a double-take. There is absolutely NO WAY that Reed/Charlie/Maddie don't know who's who. Reed might get a slight pass, but Charlie/Maddie? Not even to ask the question when the name 'Reed' came up - because there are so many Reeds in GC. Even with the Mac/Billy/Jill connection? 

Another example of making something 10x harder. Like the convo between Reed and Charlie or Maddie would've changed in any substantive way - except been better.

Maddie to Reed: 'Your mother works my dad so hard, I never see him.' 

Reed to Victoria: 'I can't believe your lead model's son is such a blockhead.'

Charlie to Reed: 'As a Newman, you must be pretty dumb if you couldn't get into WG.' 

If we're going to pretend Lily got preggers at 12 and birthed them at 13, pretend they interacted/grew up together before Reed moved. 

• Administrator

I liked Reed/Mattie's interaction.  I'm glad they're not going the "they hate each other at first" or "the cool guy making fun of the nerdy girl" route.  

But like with Ravi, they'll probably have Mattie lose her glasses to make her "good looking."  I just don't like that mentality - and too possibly do it twice in a short period of time.....come on.  I wish soaps had characters that wear glasses. I hope Mattie continues to wear them. 

Archived