Y&R: May 2017 Discussion Thread

• Members

The weird thing is that Y&R could've SORASed Moses without missing a beat and revived the Ana character and it could've worked. 

Lily with two nearly adult children is jarring.

It's also ripe with stereotypes and somewhat offensive. I have friendships with Indians/Indian-Americans and I doubt most of the people I know would want to be seen as someone's Guru.

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Kendall & Zoey seem like WG girls to me. I didn't realize that Reed was at GCH and not the prep school. Why bother with 2 schools? Put them all at WG. I'm certain WG has all the 'music' resources they probably claimed GCH had so they could put Reed in public school. Like it matters. 

Laughing my guess when MadTeen appeared will only take 3 episodes to happen. Sad, really. And I truly hope they abandon the 'I'm not pretty' narrative soon - that girl is beautiful! 

Even though it's a sudden teen set, I suppose it's no different than the insta-set that quickly built around Billy. I won't gripe because the show desperately needs 'Young' again. 

• Members

Agreed with this. Moses would have been a better use of the actor playing Charlie. Lane's twins did not need to be aged.

I don't mind Ashley and Ravi as friends but he'd work a lot better in scenes with his contemporaries.

I like Tessa too but the writing is somewhat flat. They need to pick it up with her a bit. I guess she's tied to Zack (the cutie tech guy Abby brought in).

A few too many newbies though and not enough other characters getting airtime. Where's Paul? Lauren? To name just two. And why does Beth Maitland get an episode or two yet Chapman gets airtime like she's on contract?

• Members

Exactly! Also, who's in on Faith being SORAS'd before summer is over? Now there's a case where it would be far better with Noah/Cassiah being on-screen. Not only can Sharon handle a teen Faith, but also SC has always worked well with teens. 

• Members

I'm so tired of MIAMISHEALMISCHAL Morgan running around being the secret HAG hack with secrets.  I hate Hillary.  We're TIRED OF THE PLOT DEVICE PEOPLE.  You have made her a JOKE.  I think she's actually a decent actress STOP MAKING HER A JOKE.  You watch 5 minutes and it's Hillary running around sabbotaging people and it's been going on for MONTHS.  (Hillary:  Look evil - look evil sideways, then Grin : from the Director).

Give a  bad disk/hard drive from Mariah.  Have Mariah and Devon THANK YOU for TAKING A DELIVERY TO SOMEONE ELSE!  Wow.  That wouldn't be suspect.  Wow, WOWSA Hillary...you'd really take my USB DRIVE to LILLY for ME???!  WOW!  THANKS GIRL!  THANK YOU SO SO MUCH!  Good lord. 

Archived