Y&R: May 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

A big part of the reason Noah doesn't work is because Y&R refuses to let Nicholas & Sharon act their age.

You can't be written as an adult if your parents are written as teenagers.

A lot of the new characters have potential but a HUGE part of the problem is Y&R keeps writing their vets as if they're brand new characters.

There's no intelligence or character consistency to the vets because it makes it easier to facilitate (the extremely cliche) plots.

• Members

I think they both have potential too. However, Ravi/Ashley bores me to tears. Seeing as Ashley is such a straight-laced character, she needs to be paired with someone who is gray like a Tucker, Brad, or Victor. Those tend to be her most successful romances. 

I feel like they don't know where to go with Tessa. I get a feeling that they want her to be a grifter one second and a good girl the next. Like pick a lane and stick with it.

And there lies the problem. I think that's the issue with 90% of the writing for the cast is that they don't act their age. Sharon switching paternity tests, and Nick acting like a frat boy were stories that should've died with them when Cassie died. Both of their asses need careers. There lies the problem. 

Archived