Y&R January Spoilers

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Recasting Adam now would be a big mistake.

Firstly, they need to be careful not to have too many recasts. Bringing back Adam would just set the old stories back in motion and we need a break. They were poor the first time around.

Never bought Victoria and Billy from day one. Combined with Ah's dreary portrayal,the many Billy recasts and the soggy story itself,they need to move on with these characters. Reed returning is a start .Could JT return? Only Thad though. Maybe AH could find some inner strength to make an effort??

• Members

That stuff sounds good and balanced. I'm part of the group who thinks we don't need Adam. He's still a fairly new character and burned through so much story and three actors in a short amount of time. I don't feel the show misses him so why bother? There is no momentum to be gained by bringing him back. Bigger characters have left for longer so I'm okay waiting a year or two until he returns, if ever. 

Another thing i like is that Neil doesn't have a story. That may sound odd, but I like that she's taking her time with him. He's another very damaged character and It's nice seeing him focused on business, friendships and his family and not just jumping head first into a relationship again. 

• Members

Count me with the group that believes the show doesn't need Adam at this time.

In fact, I don't even think they need him, if it should be revealed that Christian is Adam's anymore than they need Sage in that reveal. It may even give the other characters Chelsea, Victor, Sharon, etc. more to work with dramatically in Adam's absence. Nick would probably benefit the most in terms of material to play with and the character could badly use something that deepens his character.

• Members

after the way the show completely whitewashed everything he did to Ashley and then tried to act like he'd gone through anything resembling a redemption story... Adam can stay away forever, unless he's coming back to be a villain through-and-through instead of the poor, misunderstood daddy's boy anti-hero. 

Please register in order to view this content

i think "great story" can def. be interpreted as "I've got camera time, y'all!!" in this case... all I've been seeing is Jill sticking her nose into everyone's business these past few weeks... talk about meaty! 

• Members

I thought Colin was gone when Ester said that he was staying in Chicago, which was reason she agreed to dress up for Jill at the mansion? Killing him off would be no loss. ITA about the ridiculous gameplaying - the past year has been great showing Jill as shrew business woman and being Billy's mom - JW/JT are believable as mother/son. 

Glad they are to do something with Adam/Chloe. I like EH a lot but a triangle with Kevin and Billy - ew. The show does miss Adam - a true catalyst with an edge. Let's face it the men left are milquetoast - Aunt Jack is silly as angry Jack, Cane, Devon, Billy is a f-up, Kevin (haha), Noah, Nick, Paul, etc. Michael is the only one that has fire left, but he's been reformed so unlikely would be a catalyst and he's in wrong age group. Neil and Victor are in transition, which both characters need. Dylan and Stitch will be gone, but neither had that edge nor the skill to pull it off.

Even though MO has come a long way, I agree she doesn't have the range. Seriously, with all the women in late 20s/mid-30s, they should focus on MM, CG, EH and MCE - all of which have much stronger presence on screen. They all need men worthy of them. I'm still holding out hope they invest in Bryton and give Devon real direction and drive. 

I'm fine with Nick getting entangled with Sharon/Phyllis for the near term - let's face it - this is a transition period. All three actors need new partners and it would be fresh with GT in the role considering how little Nick/Phyllis have interacted since her arrival. They have to do something to free Chelsea - this limbo phase is terrible for MCE - in a weird way it's almost as if Chelsea KNOWS Adam is alive, which is holding her back. A character like Chelsea has always moved on - she had to with her upbringing. Plus, she mourned Adam before - it's just so much worse because of the writing this time around. 

Archived