Y&R January Spoilers

• Members

Methinks that DeeeDee is throwing subtle shade at the people who have repeatedly been calling for folks to give the show and Sally more time to show improve.

I've sort of been on the fence. I know that SS and KA have a lot of mess to contend with, I also know that there are things they can do with each episode, to not only improve the characters and strengthen plots but to keep the show "moving" as it improves and I feel like she's managing the micro aspects but essentially 'missing the forest for the trees'.

I've been carping about the lack of movement with the Fenmore storyline and was told that Sally probably wanted to stretch things out (I assumed for pacing sake) but that is a concern for the conclusion of the story, not when launching the story and for all the talk of this, the Fenmore story still lacks an inciting event that makes it "feel" as if the story has actually taken flight. Maybe because it feels as if Lauren is a passenger in the vehicle of her own story- she has taken a backseat to Gloria, in some was even Phyllis and it looks like, soon Michael. Perhaps if Lauren were actually driving the story, it might've felt like the story was actually taking off.

I said I would give it until after the New Year, and it's after the New Year. Time for the new regime to get some stories 

'moving'. 

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

ITA - I hate to admit it, but at least with Pratt, stuff was happening - it wasn't always logical and long-term stories were just not happening, but I could count on being entertained daily - sometimes for laughs. Now, it's kind of boring and painful - way too much talk and not enough action. I'm all for reforming and resetting characters, but the dialogue is tedious - e.g., Monday (US), we didn't need a rehash of Reed at least 3x in episode. What a coincidence that a 'separated' child gets dropped on New Year's - last year it was the demon seed and now it's Reed. I'm willing to give slack because I think casting did a great job.

And as much as I enjoy JC, Gloria as a front-burner catalyst less than 3 weeks back is completely offensive. Seriously, we're to buy that Gloria is leading Lauren, Michael and Jack by the nose and taking charge of getting Fenmore's a cash infusion. Give me a break. 

Ravi doesn't work at all. He is the male version of Natalie and that didn't turn out so well. The scenes are predictable and do nothing to further stories.

Archived