Y&R: December 2016 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

A "bad" episode is still worth watching. It wasn't the most exciting episode though. Jack/Ashley/Ravi, Michael/Phyllis, Michael/Kevin, Kevin/Summer, Nick/Summer/Faith, Nick/Phyllis, Sharon/Chelsea/Chloe/Mariah/Hillary/Devon ...

Cane, Kevin, Chelsea and Chloe could all be successful with the proper writing. I haven't hated any of them but none of them are really needed. Chelsea has become as basic as they come, Cane was always basic and Kevin's long outlived any purpose he may have served. I guess I don't hate or want Chloe gone because I like Hendrickson and I like that Esther's daughter is on the canvas so I'd make her work before I shove her off. It's just the writing the last decade has done them no favors and they're interchangable.

Lachlan Buchanan was adorable on Fuller House Season 2 (he played a gay Irishman that DJ wanted to ask out after she and Stephanie crashed a wedding). I'd bring him back as Kyle but they'll probably recast.

• Members

A bit of an overstatement, DeeeDee. They may not have played Jack & Lauren's sexual history (Michael was right there), or held each other like Michael/Phyllis do, but they acted close and both Phyllis AND Ashley mentioned they were friends. But they could do more.

• Members

Don't get me wrong - I may have criticized today's episode, but we're still far better off than we were five episodes ago. As we all have noted, the new team was left was almost no stories that mattered and so they are doing the best they can with the pieces that are there. Fortunately, Y&R is blessed with numerous vets/characters that can fairly quickly be moved into new, but not unnatural, situations - Phyllis with Michael/Lauren and, even Nick. All of that felt both fresh, but familiar and not forced. I credit them for moving Sharon, Phyllis, Jack, Michael and Lauren quickly out of bad (or no) stories into something new.

• Members

TBH, I keep up with the show even when I'm not watching, and wasn't always a watcher, and I would have never known Jack and Lauren have a history or a friendship. And I pride myself on being up on relationships between characters. I do my research.

• Members

Aaaah. I see. Oh, man. Then he'll probably fυck her, and she'll go crazy.

Please register in order to view this content

Fair enough, but that's something that hasn't been played by many. They still made a point of mentioning they're friends, though, and certainly acted friendly enough. Perhaps it got lost in the shuffle of everything that was happening, which has been pretty fast, IMO.

• Members

No, I did catch that. Jack mentioned he and Lauren are friends. And I guess through Phyllis of course they should have had some interaction. Not every relationship can be played on all of the time. I just thought maybe there had been more there that I was missing but it doesn't seem like it.

• Members

They seemed perfectly friendly when Jack was asking for a donation from Fenmore's. I mean I'm not sure what people were expecting from their interaction to indicate that they're friends...

I think they slept together in the 80s? So there's no residual sexual tension or anything like that. It's been 30 years lol

• Members

Tracy Bregman is killing it with her quiet desperation. All that stuff about Lauren's business and her father gets me.

Based on their business stuff the other day I can hypothetically deal with either Chloe or Chelsea around but not both. They're the same person in a lot of ways. I could still toss both of them. Cane still must die, but that dude's a cockroach and I suspect protected by Sony or the network.

• Members

I always thought Lester's Jack and Lauren had more of the friendship thing.....to be fair Bergman's Jack hasn't always played up the Lauren and Jack relationship as much as Lester, and doesn't have the chemistry that they had based on what I've seen of early Jack and Lauren.....

• Members

Gotcha. Not sure whether they ever actually slept together but they were good friends all the way back to the 80s and there were always strong sexual undercurrents (it was Terry Lester, so what else?

Please register in order to view this content

) even in 2000 when there were propositions and kissing involved.

Archived