Y&R: December 2016 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree. They need to drop GC Buzz. Awful.

Hillary was like a cartoon character villain today. It was "poor Mariah" when it shouldn't be "poor Mariah" at all.

Cringeworthy.

Overgrown fratboy Nick is just so unlikable, along with pissy Aunt Jack. Bergman and Morrow need a long break from this show.

Summer is completely useless.

• Members

Leanna has been a huge missing piece of Y&R for years. She had her own gossip column and two talk shows.

A lot of the messy OOC stuff Y&R had other characters doing over the years (Drucilla, Gloria, Jill, etc) would've made sense because that's the essence of the character.

Bringing her into GC Buzz as a Miranda Priestly elder figure to balance out the younger set would be a lot of fun & would allow Y&R to give a nice nod to history without it being over the top like the recent references to Ashley's paternity.

• Members

Could you imagine a soap writing a character of color as a violent, serial raping, arsonist who preys on young girls & sets himself on fire and expecting viewers to empathize with him?

Daytime couldn't even write a "conflicted rape" scenario for characters of color (another favorite of modern soaps) without vilifying and writing off half the couple almost immediately.

• Members

I guess I'm in the minority because I really really liked the Hilary/Mariah stuff. I don't feel the need to complain about it. Somehow SS has managed to make these Pratt stories that were COMPLETELY unwatchable, watchable for me again and so for that I give her props. 

I don't know the ages of everyone on this board but I'm only 21 so for me, I've longed to see characters closer to my age group finally interest me. The vets will always be amazing. 

• Members

I just don't find anything entertaining about the rivalry between them. Hillary looks petty, Mariah doesn't need to be propped up ... for me it's not even about race it's just slanted writing. Hillary can be a bitch all she wants but it's just rubbing me the wrong way. She looks petty and sounds ridiculous.

Mariah should have just had a successful run as a model, she didn't need to fall. Hillary didn't need to lurk around the set and make snide comments. It was just cringeworthy to me and both are capable of more. I'll be glad when it's over.

Archived