Y&R: December 2016 Discussion Thread

• Members

I think you're right about Mariah. But I'm  sure that  reason ain't  because they think Bryton is too weak of  an actor  for her. His skin color is the biggest barrier. 

But that other casting is  probably for Lily. The show recognizes that it's an issue lily has never been with a black guy. They'll probably try to correct it again. 

Besides, Hilary isn't at all well recieved at the moment. Sally is way too smart to take an unconnected character fans want burned at the stake and pair her with another unconnected newbie...Unless it's an exit story. 

I didn't say it was good all the time. But they will go there easier than they ever would a black man sleeping with a white woman. 

I can't remember the last time this show was written fairly. 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

SSM did say in the Logan interview that wouldn't it be nice to bring on Jonelle Allen (who worked with SSM on Generations) as Hilary's mother. It was a joking, fanciful comment, but perhaps it indicates that she's interested in fleshing out Hilary's background more and explaining her insatiable drive. We'll see if she goes there.

• Members

MiM did a podcast a few weeks ago where she said that the new regime had taken a real liking to her character and what was going on with her so we'd see Hilary and Devon more and more. She also spoke about filming really emotional scenes. So I think you're correct. 

• Members

I'm in 'wait and see' mode. So far I'm liking the emotional dynamics between characters, something we've seen little of in recent plot-based writing.

It would be great if MM is right that they love her. She's a great find and it would be terrible if they waste her.

• Members

EW @ Neil and Nikki. I like them as friends and that's it. Neil and Sharon was another friendship I liked but still... idk about that one.

Neil and Ashley I really liked. I was so annoyed when they ended that! They both ended up with actors they had no chemistry with. 

Carmen was black? Jeez. How the hell did I miss that. I swear she was white. 

Archived