Y&R: New HW preview's her big plans for the show

• Administrator

That was a fantastic, honest interview.  You don't see many interviews like that from writers anymore.  You could feel the passion that she was for Y&R.  You also rarely see writers blast other writers' material, but wow, she went after LML!  I loved it! LOL   She has me so excited now. 

Speaking of HW interviews, have Dena Higley and Ryan Quan given an interview? 

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Echoing everyone's praise. She not only said the right things, but she backed up her assertions with solid reasoning about why things aren't working.

As we know from politics, campaigning and governing are two separate things. We'll see if she can actually push through her ideas, but her dual EP/HW credit gives me hope. I was done with soaps before this, but this interview alone has excited me enough to give Y&R another chance starting in December.

• Members

I agree with everything that SSM has said in this interview, except for not recasting Adam and not revealing him to be Christian's father! I thin Adam should be recast with Ryan Bittle (he played JR Chandler on the short-lived PP produced AMC online revival back in 2013), and not drag out the paternity secret for years! I hate it when storylines on daytime soaps drag out too long!

• Members

This was such a great interview....I loved how Sally basically tore LML to shreds....it helps that she is a fan of the show like us, as well as a writer, so the fact that she feels as we did do, will work into the show.....

I admit I don't think it will be a perfect show, and it does bother me that she thinks Villy can still "work", but better writing can do wonders......I'm sure she can deliver....and I love that she's ignoring all of that messed up history....I wonder if Jill's story will have to do with how she finds out she was always Liz's daughter, and that's how they will undo the stupid Kay as her mother/Lauren is her sister twist...

• Members

I tend to be cynical when it comes to HW promises on soaps but I must admit, I found it a good interview, at least on her part. I realize many of the questions were leading (I wish interviewers would trust these writers to talk on their own, they hardly need to be led).

Still...

She said a lot of good things and what told me that she has really been seriously assessing the show's problems is her talking about the Carmine storyline and how silly it was to drive him off the deep end and in such short a period. 

That storyline was worth a good year and a half, at least. Lauren should've at least been genuinely torn but Y&R decided to make it solely about sex (when studies have shown that sex is not the reason most women cheat).

I like that she didn't talk in clichés or generalities or platitudes. She was very specific in her language about the problems and what she planned to do in order to resolve them.

• Members

Generations could've and should've been more topical,  and it was dull at times. My standards for today's daytime have lowered, I admit.

Still, I'm not loyal to Y&R the way I used to be. I may tune in next month but if I'm bored or if things don't make sense, I have no problem tuning right back out.

• Members

I am as well -- which stuns the hell out of me.  Normally, I would say you can't just ignore what has transpired on-screen. However, Y&R has become such a bloodied mess, taking the time to address all those issues is time, quite frankly, they cannot afford.

Archived