Y&R: New HW preview's her big plans for the show

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This interview makes me optimistic to actually start watching again. 

I am skeptical when it comes to fixing Sharon as I feel every regime for the last decade has always promised to 'fix' Sharon, but to no avail. I do think that with Kay being behind SSM gives me some hope. 

I also had to give major side-eye at Jill, Paul, or Neil were not named as some of the stalwarts of this show. I'm glad to hear that she has major plans for Jill (as she should as Jill built the house that is Y&R), but I didn't hear anything about what she's gonna do with Paul and Neil. I just hope they don't remain as 'talk-to' characters. Neil needs a woman. Paul/Christine need something to do other than being brought out to oppose Victor and lose. 

I almost cried when SSM said that Victor/Jack rivalry won't drive as much story anymore as it is point and we get the same end--Victor winning and Jack losing. 

Of all things mentioned in the interview, I am most happy she gets that these characters need motivation. They need to strive for something. I cannot wait to see what she does with Devon as she has promised. Him & Hillary's stories are the most interesting thing she said. I'd also be VERY happy if they brought Jonelle Allen on as Hillary's aunt. I loved her as messy Doreen on Generations

• Members

SSM appears to really pay attention and earnestly wants to improve the show. It speaks volumes, positively, that she can say "This sh*t isn't working anymore" with the forthrightness to move on.  

I hope there is good story for Jill/Jess Walton and that this personal crisis isn't the end of Jill - she is too important a character to lose, both historically and for a leading older female demographic who should be respected, and Jess is too good an actress to waste.

None of what she said makes me frustrated or feel that she's missed the mark. I'm glad she s open to ignoring and negating storyline that never should have happened. Undoing Jill/Lauren should be done for the logical reason she explained about Neil Fenmore being the same age as Jill Abbott! I also am firmly in agreement that Adam is done as a character and unless it was a Justin Hartley return, there is no reason to bother. Who cares if Nick isn't the baby's father - John Abbott wasn't Ashley's father and they let that storyline dangle until John was killed off.

It's interesting to hear how awful the end of SSM/KA/JS's run ended in 2006 under that hack bitch from the depths of hell LML. She really is as bad as I've always heard/thought - so disrespectful based on her own niche storyline obsessions. 

• Members

She absolutely gave all of the right answers (with the tiny exception of B&B, although I can see what she means in comparison to the others who are STILL trying to recreate 80s high adventure misogyny crap). It was cathartic. And her shade towards Latham and the un-abortion was almost orgasmic -- I never expected to hear about that dark, dark period in Y&R's time quite like that. That Latham killed John off so she could do a SFU wannabe story makes my blood boil. Bitch.

Will she be able to pull this off? We'll see. I'm giving it several week but it's starting off with a long Abbott breakfast scene, so how bad can it be?

She's condemning the Jill/Katherine/Lauren mess, giving Jill a big story, returning Lauren to her roots, ignoring most of what's happened and simply reversing to the last time the show was good (which I have said is the way to go, with the exception of those plot points you simply must follow up on), the longer scenes, no insta psychos, openly saying she'll change the Jill/Lauren thing, being direct about keeping Adam away (which many of us have said is the way to go) etc....

I just...

Please register in order to view this content

PLUS, she makes fun of her mistakes as a writer, too! 

• Members

Even I got a bit excited. I loved that she saw the mistake that is Philly!  That should have been a hot affair but turned into a mess that made Billy completely unrootable!  

I especially love that she knows there was a YR before the fetus burner!  There is no reason to rush that garbage character back to canvas!  Her tone sounded like a bit of disgust. If it was, who could blame her?  The character was destroyed and should have left long before Muhney was exposed as a perv!  

• Members

I tried to find something to disagree with but she is right on the mark! I hope her team can translate that into real stories. She's right on core eight but name checked Michael Lauren and Jill. Good choice on not telling the Chrully paternity story now. I'm optimistic. 

• Members

Thank God for one thing to be excited about today.

I will watch. I need soaps now more than ever. And it is so refreshing to see someone be candid about the show and genre as I would in her position about one of mine.

Archived