Y&R: New HW preview's her big plans for the show

• Members

With that logic, neither did Sharon. It's not ok to Sharon to lie, when the kid isn't even Nick's and she doesn't know that. But it's ok for Chelsea to not only lie to Nick but let Faith, Noah and her own child be lied to about having/not having a sibling? 

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Nope Phyllis is scum, I don't see Sharon having run down someone then smirk about it, then get mad when that person wants her prosecuted like Phyllis did to Cricket. So please let's not try this.

Phyllis is filth and always will be.

LMAO Nick is NOT the father, I haven't watched in month's and even I know that

• Members

Which is fine.

As long as the Show and its writers are honest about it.

It's those Phyllis-Is-A-Saintly-Housewife-That-Summons-Nick's-Dick stans that create the problem. They have to tear down everything else to make that abomination work.

• Members

I really hope the writing stops demonizing many of the female characters the way it has been doing for the better part of a decade now.

I find it insulting that a medium that was originated by a women now is responsible for writing so many women poorly.  

You can write a complex character without making her some type of "she-Devil".  You can have characters with characteristics that are not completely likeable and still write them as human beings. 

One of the reasons why I have watched Y&R so infrequently over the past 8-9 years is because I found a lot of the writing to be overly-simplistic. It's done a disservice to the actors and the viewers as well as to the legacy of the show that once wrote complex characters.

And these 'Stan-Wars' have become insufferable over the years. They seem to pollute every Y&R thread at some point several times per year, usually when the writing is so bad that there's nothing else to discuss.

• Members

So much agree.  Without question, a character like Lauren could be an absolute bitch to Tracy.  And others.  But compared to Sheila, she was not a psychopath.  Nikki was always kind of nasty too.  But it was one part of her being expressed.  Not the only note over and over.  That was part of what made Y&R good.

Another example- Jill and Katherine were awful to Nina.  But they weren't villains like David Kimble was.  There were layers.

• Members

I agree. I don't want to be negative before any of her new material airs, but I've never found SSM to be a great writer. Is she better than any of the choices foisted upon the show in the last decade? Maybe. But "less bad" or even "okay" cannot really be classified as "good," IMHO. If I had my druthers, Kay Alden would have been the new headwriter. Anyway, nobody could be worse than Sheffer, Pratt or Jean P. Maybe SSM and KA will work the wonders necessary to revitalize this once-great soap.

No matter how the show has to do it, I want the writers to repair the damage done to Jill through the awful "Who are her parents NOW?" stories.

Even if the details are awkward and hard to swallow, a few scenes explaining that she's a Foster after all could be thrown in, and then none of the rotating-parents garbage would EVER be mentioned again. If SSM fixed this, I would be her biggest supporter for life, LOL.

• Members

Even if all they do is start writing those people IN character and give them dialogue that makes sense, I will be happy. That's half the battle. Will we get any good stories? We'll see -- and no, we won't see that in December. I expect it'll be a few months before we'll have a clear idea of how the regime works. She did promise to undo the Jill thing eventually, so I hope she does it. Of course, my secret wish is that, eventually, Alden will be promoted to co-HW and then pull a Jabot Takeover and become the HW. LOL There is no other hope for the show.

Archived