Y&R: New HW preview's her big plans for the show

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

judging by her 'most important characters' list I expect more of the same rinse and repeat. She says Vic/Jack is boring because Vic always wins... so instead of ignoring the rivalry, why not make Vic lose for once??? WTF? Also, SCREAMING at her 'there are no super couples to root for'  comment... what kind of Lily and Cane draaaaaaagging.

Please register in order to view this content

Please, kill Lily & Cane off, and bring back Druuuuu! 

• Members

Yeah, at one point she rails against writing that's more indicative of the 1980s (although honestly, soaps could be so lucky as to replicate 1980s quality storytelling- which was mostly superior to today's stuff), yet she rails at the lack of Super Couples, which to me only really worked in the 1980s and probably should've ended when the 80s ended as it became a dated concept that squelched actual storytelling and helped that insta-coupling dynamic that SSM complains about.

Focus on individual character development first and foremost.

• Members

This was a fantastic interview and if she can do half of what she says the show will be much more interesting to watch.

Strong characters.  Stakes.  Intelligence.  Family.  Romance.  Add in some psychological depth and exploration of the inner life of the characters and a contemporary pacing, scripts and style and you have modernized Bill Bell.

• Members

I dont get why she doesnt do a jack vs vixtor story with vixtor losing?  

Im glad she likes hilary...and a little annoyed she didnt list Jill as a core 8.  maybe its cause Jess walton has semi retired?

I hope she gradually ends pratt's stories instead of giving us whiplash with ending thinga in a few episodes.  i dont like that she is ignoring a lot of stuff....a good writer works around it...not dropping it or not mentioning it.

• Members

Yet in more recent interviews Braeden now says, he learned a "long time ago" just to "stick to the script".....

I honestly rather just stick with not having another Jack Vs.Victor, and see Sally try to make Victor more human again, which seems like where she is heading.......with that said, (and to get my hopes up) I hope down the line Sally may have finally convinced Braeden that he does need to play a story where Victor totally loses.....

• Members

Yes, every story doesn't have to be Victor vs Jack.Take both characters in new directions and plant some seeds that can put them back into each other's orbit down the track.

Bill Bell did that with Jill/Katherine (intentionally or not) in the early 80's. They did not interact for some time until Jill was to marry John, and Katherine came back into the story,guns blazing.

Maybe Jack and Victor need to fight a new powerful figure as a common foe in GC,like how Jill and Katherine united to battle Nina.

• Members

Yes, around 94-97, Jack and Victor were in separate stories basically, and even "buried the hatched" for a second....It can be that way again, but I like the idea of them both having the same enemy.....if anything seeing Jack and Victor win something as a team would be a lot more tolerable.

• Members

Honestly, I'd prefer to Victor/Jack to take their patriarchal positions and focus on the young seeing as the show is called The Young & the Restless. I've always said this show stupidly flopped by not having Noah v. Kyle OR Keemo v. Nick/Adam. 

I wouldn't mind Victor/Jack having a common foe, but I felt that was what Tucker was supposed to be under MAB and failed miserably. 

I've long suggested that they bring in Brooks [Prentiss] as a young, hot corporate raider who f-cks over Victor & Jack in the process. Or give that material to Devon. 

I am just totally over Jack v. Victor. Much like I said Victor can go, I'd be all for Jack going too. Both could drop dead (the characters that is), and I would be very content with the decision. 

• Members

I swear it almost sounds like Sally doesn't really have much story planned for Victor, other then saying she thinks the Victor Vs.Jack is tired out, and that he and Nikki are still viable as a couple, and he will be the Victor she remembers....I know she considered him a stalwart character, but I bet she's even as frustrated with Victor's actions that she realizes a first step is maybe not giving him major story for the first 6 months or so......that's how it kind of seemed like it was with Victor and Nikki anyway when Sally was last there around late 2005.....they were mostly backburned......It seems like she views Nikki as more of the matriarch, which is fine, though It really should be both Nikki AND Jill in that position....

Archived