Dynasty: Discussion Thread

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Well Nicolette's Mom is ill so I understand her exit. I never understood why doing that plastic surgery and having Fallon & Alexis look alike for a minute

Are we getting a new Kristal each season? Is that supposed to be an inside joke

If you are recasting, How about Blake???

• Members

the show is written so poorly, it really should be cancelled. it is an all-out comedy. to me, only Fallon can act her tail off...the rest starting with Grant as Blake are just horrible. they need to make up their minds if they want a comedy or a drama with humor.

• Members

Gilles' Alexis left to Europe to "find herself and fix her face with a top notch surgeon" but left Fallon with a stark warning to stay away from Adam. I think Gilles was only Alexis in like three episodes tops. 

Actually, I do like the actress playing the new Cristal; Daniella Alonsom has grown a lot of talent since her days on ATWT as that dreadful Pilar recast. So far I am very disappointed by Michael Michele as Dom, she is just haming it up with the awful writing. Too many of the characters are just 1-D or just have no personality whatsoever. With the Netflix international deal abruptly cut for the show, the show is going to take a hit for sure, and will have to do something better than just third-rate camp.

• Members

I have no idea why MM is playing Dom like this. feels like they told her to be Alexis before the new Alexis returns. the writing is AWFUL. Fallon, Crystal, Anders and Liam are the only ones acting over the dreck they receive. Grant can't act, and neither can any of the others on the show.it's beyond horrible and IA....but calling it 3rd rate IMPO is an insult to 3rd rate. they have hit 5th rate now. I don't see it being around next season. and what killed it was the writing. it's a wacked out comedy. no drama at all.

• Members

I've always felt a bit bad for Michael, because she's been getting panned for her acting for 20 years now, but she really just can't act. She never could. She's a beautiful woman with a very unique presence, but she can't act. She would have been better off if the show was done like the old Dynasty, which was more about presence than anything else. 

• Members

I assume that Nicolette wasn't ever going to return to the role of Alexis, so why not send her off in such a spectacular way as shoving her face in a fire place? In all honestly, it's one of the best things nuDynasty has done that actually is "gasp" worthy!

As bad/cheesy as Fallexis was, Gillies actually pulled it somewhat off, thanks in part to her voice acting experience I guess. She did mimick Nicolette well. NuNuAlexis is actually well cast with that in mind - Hendrix sort of looks like a cross between Gillies and Sheridan, so while obviously there's no plastic surgery that can make you look like that, I guess in this fantasy world it makes sense.

• Members

Very true Carl! I almost assume TPTB probably really wanted Vanessa Williams for the role but don't have the budget for it so Michael Michele is all they could afford. I don't blame her entirely though, I remember  when ER cast her and then never gave her character a single interesting plot other than to just be there.

LOL! It would have been nice if this Dynasty had been a continuation and could have actually utilized Joan, it probably would have been even more successful than the Dallas continuation. I remember 

It's the exact same issue the CW's Charmed remake not even utilizing a connection with the original Charmed and flat out making it more like a Buffy remake instead of Charmed. 

• 3 weeks later...